IVP Dictionary of the Old Testament: Wisdom, Poetry and Writings

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3685
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 8:14 AM

There has been lots of asking for the poetry and wisdom volume. It is obviously available in print. So what's the hold up? It'd be appreciated if someone from Logos helped us know what's happening. After all there have been many other resources offered, but this one has been steadily requested.

I have purchased the 2 volumes OT bundle but I sure hope to get a discount when the third volume comes out (assuming that it will).

Incidentally, of all 3 volumes, the missing one is the one I would probably have used the most because of its coverage of the psalms. I suspect that because of the importance of psalms and proverbs to many, it would be a very valuable resource to draw from. I'd love to be able to look up "vindication" or "the tongue" or any article that pertains the sovereignty of God in the prayers of the psalmists for instance (but not "patience" because it might tell me I need to be willing to wait indefinitely for this volume).

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 9:11 AM

Francis, your excuse for impatience can be that the IVP Dictionary for Job has yet to be released!!

Wink

Posts 204
Oldnewbie | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 9:59 AM

Add me in on this one as well.  Any word on a reason for the delay?

Posts 112
Tim Finlay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2011 10:51 PM

I am another one who is waiting for Logos to do this volume.

Posts 3685
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 7:22 PM

October now and still nothing new under the sun as far as this thread goes. The same question that was asked before has long been forgotten and if we ask it again, I shall not be remembered. Round and round it goes, wearisome beyond what we can tell. I pondered all this as I held the hard copy in my hand and wondered whether I should forget getting it through Logos. Vanity and chasing after the wind thought I for behold one person waits and never gets it while another is impatient and misses out.

Man does not know what is coming and when but perhaps for this grievous matter of our futile lives, one of the sages from Logos might speak counsel and understanding to the rest of us... There was a time to wait for this volume, but there ought to be a time to receive it before the time comes when we say I take no pleasure in this!

Posts 3685
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 3:59 PM

The silence continues... perhaps the widow needs to continue as well until the judge responds? 

Posts 1
Jeremy Bennett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2011 7:26 PM

Ditto on all the above!

Posts 46
Leo Rajiv Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 23 2011 4:06 AM

Plus 1!

Posts 10
Anthony Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 10:01 AM

I can't await the "IVP Dictionary of the Old Testament: Wisdom, Poetry & Writings" to be available on logos.

A) To complete the "IVP Dictionary of the OT Bundle" and

B) to create version 4 of the "Essential IVP Reference Collection" including IVPs entire Bible Dictionary Series!

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 9:19 PM

Bump!

I just got a Facebook status update from a friend of mine who just finished writing the article "The Exodus in the Prophets" for IVP's forthcoming Dictionary of the OT: Prophets. If they're coming out with that in print soon, it's high time Logos get the Wisdom, Poetry & Writings volume. And Prophets to follow shortly thereafter.

Is IVP still playing hard to get on this one?

Posts 16
Paul Samuel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 2:47 PM

From IVP website: OT Prophets hard cover coming out in June: http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=1784 

I have also been waiting a long time for the Logos version of OT Wisdom to come out. Hopefully in June we'll see the prepub!

Posts 279
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:12 PM

Maybe with the OT Prophets Dictionary coming out, IVP and Logos can do a deal to other another bundle of the OT Prophets and the OT Wisdom!

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:16 PM

Mark Johnson:

Maybe with the OT Prophets Dictionary coming out, IVP and Logos can do a deal to other another bundle of the OT Prophets and the OT Wisdom!

That would be wonderful...and this year, please.

Posts 568
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 5:37 PM

I recently discovered that the IVP Dictionary of the Old Testament: Wisdom, Poetry and Writings is available in print. I saw on the IVP site that it has been out since June 2008 (seen on the link here:http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=1783). Then I discovered (after a cursory read of this thread) that the IVP Dictionary of the Old Testament: Prophets is due to come out in June 2012 (hopefully sooner not later, since that is only the expected release date, as seen here: http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=1784). I beseech thee, brethren at Logos, to work with IVP and release both of them to Pre-pub in a bundle (or individually, or both). Many of us would LOVE to own these. I myself cannot wait to get the first two volumes of the IVP Dictionary of the Old Testament Series on Logos.

Logos 8.7.0.0042 + Faithlife Connect | macOS Mojave 10.14.6 | Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15" | 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD PCIe Express

Posts 688
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 11:37 AM

Bumptious Bump Bump Bump.

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 924
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2013 1:01 PM

Mike Pettit:

Excellent news! Just placed my order

Posts 3665
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2013 2:07 PM

Mike Pettit:

Price seems fair for two volumes in this set - my order has been placed.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 16
Paul Samuel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:07 PM

Great news!  Just placed my order as well.  Amazing progress in the Progress slider.  In just a few days it already reached 93% "Almost there" while everything else around it remains under 50% "Gathering interest" (except the Ezekiel commentary).

Assuming the progress reaches 100% in the next few days, when will it ship?

Posts 1434
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:26 PM

After my order, it went under development status Smile

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS