A17 hasn't downloaded my new commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Brad Vos | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:11 AM

Just bought the NIV Application Commentary series.  A17 doesn't seem to have downloaded the new books even thought I typed in update now and it seems to go through the process of updating.  Any suggestions?

Posts 10
Brad Vos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:39 AM

Tried the Update Resources Command as well.  It showed that it was updating in the top right had corner but nothing changed.  I still don't have access to my new books.

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 12:15 PM

BradVos:

Could I inquire as to your search terms and whether you are typing Open name of book in the Command bar, or if you are just doing so in through the Library pane. Typing "NIV Application" in the Library pane should suffice to reveal the books. Could you also tell me if you see file entitled NIVACXXX.logos4 at Users/UserFolder/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/UniqueFolder.xxx/ResourceManager/Resources?

If you don't see that file than try the following:

Delete the Updates.db file at: Users/UserFolder/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/UniqueFolder.xxx/UpdateManager/

Delete the DownloadManager.db file at : Users/UserFolder/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/UniqueFolder.xxx/DownloadManager/

After you have done that reopen Logos 4 and type "update resources"  in the command bar.

Posts 10
Brad Vos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 12:25 PM

I typed in the library panel and it didn't appear.  i will try what you posted.  Thanks

Posts 10
Brad Vos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:12 PM

Tommy,

Followed your instructions.  It went through the motions of updating and preparing my library, but the books still do not appear in the ResourceManager/Resources folder.

Does it matter that I downloaded them via my Logos 3 in windows?  I am running parallels and Logos 3 until you finish the Mac build

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:14 PM

BradVos:

Wait so are we talking about Libronix on the Mac and not Alpha 17?

Posts 10
Brad Vos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:29 PM

Logos 4 for Mac Pre-Release Alpha 17 Build (4.03.3.8126).  I was running Alpha 9.  I couldn't get it to update so I downloaded Alpha 17 and replaced it.

Posts 10
Brad Vos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:33 PM

My understanding was that I could continue to run Logos 3 and download my books into it and the new Logos 4 in Mac simultaneously until Logos 4 was up and running.  The email receipt I got gave instruction for Logos 3.  I followed them and unlocked them and downloaded them via Logos 3 in Parallels.  However, I noticed how out of date my build was.  Alpha 9 didn't have much of what I do so I downloaded the Alpha 17 as I stated earlier.  I am trying to get the books to download.  I just didn't know if downloading them in Logos 3 would keep them from showing up in my list of books in Logos 4 (the reason they weren't downloading).

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:58 PM

BradVos:

Could you post logs of your attempt to download resources with the steps you tried previously? Directions are in my signature. Thank you.

Posts 10
Brad Vos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 3:28 PM

Here is the logs11164.Archive.zip

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 12:21 PM

Brad:

I submitted a bug for this.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS