A17 Screen Shots

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 6 2010 12:46 PM

All right, I am been doing this thread with each release since November, but I am now officially unable to keep up with the developers and all the progress they are making.  So I am starting this thread, and asking for everyone to contribute.  Please add a screen shot of any new feature or little improvement that you notice.  We have lots of folks on the fence waiting for the Mac development come of age, and your posts can help others decide the right time to join us.

Here is my first one...

I know layouts syncing has been around, but I was super pleased today to notice that even the snapshots from my Windows layout synced over.  That is very cool because I was doing some work I wanted to recreate on my mac, and now I have the exact layout all ready to go!  What a huge time saver!!!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 154
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 3:45 PM

Is there a rule against screen shots of something that is already in the release notes? I have even posted a screen shot already in a different post, but this is sooo great it has to be sung out...

Morphological searching

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 6:24 PM

Right on.  What I normally do is go through the release notes and do screen shots of all the new stuff... so yeah, post anything and everything from the release notes.  

In addition, there are a lot of little design features that don't make the notes, so lets have a little contest and see who can find the most new design improvements :-)

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:51 PM

Although not 100% functional, it is nice to see Collections coming together

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 4:46 AM

Biblical Places is coming along nicely.  I'm gradually using Logos 4 Mac more and more and my windows version less and less.  You (Mac programmers) rock!  Thanks.

Posts 157
James Garriss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 6:41 AM

I can't get Copy Bible Verses to work, but I can get it to display what appears to be a visual preview of the copy format:

Posts 157
James Garriss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 6:55 AM

Honestly, I've never used the history tool before, but it's kinda neat.  It keeps a running score of what you've done--um, like a history--and even better, let's you go back to anywhere in your history just by clicking on the event.  The release notes say the text of the selected item is now inverted, which shows up pretty well with the orange selection color set on my machine:

Posts 157
James Garriss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 7:05 AM

Passage Analysis has some pretty blue buttons, but no functionality just yet:

Posts 157
James Garriss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 7:41 AM

The Passage Explorer now has a navigation field in the toolbar to allow you to enter a text.

the "more >>" hyperlink doesn't work on mine, but the rest is good stuff.

Set the Link Set to none, otherwise selecting a cross reference will change your passage explorer text as well.  Oops.

Posts 154
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 2:28 PM

Folders now work as expected in favorites. Even nested folders.

Posts 29
Michael Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 9:04 PM

How do you make a screen shot?

Posts 25
Joe Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 9:18 PM

Michael Davis:
How do you make a screen shot?
Mac has built in screen capture.

CMD SHIFT 4

lets you select an area to capture

CMD SHIFT 3

does a capture of the entire screen

If you go to the Mac Help and type in "Screen capture" you will find several help files from Apple that give you instructions.

Blessings

Posts 29
Michael Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 9:23 PM

Thanks a lot Joe.  How about making screen videos?  Do you happen to know how people are making their videos of performing different functions on L4?

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 9:37 PM

Michael Davis:
Thanks a lot Joe.  How about making screen videos?  Do you happen to know how people are making their videos of performing different functions on L4?
Sure, you can use this free tool called Jing

http://www.jingproject.com/

Posts 29
Michael Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 9:44 PM

Thanks again Joe!

Posts 157
James Garriss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 3:46 AM

I use Grab, a utility that comes with OS X.  Look in either your application or utilities folder.

Posts 29
Michael Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 7:16 AM

Thanks James!  I found it.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS