How to 'show-off' your Logos 4 library!

Page 3 of 5 (81 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 80 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 39
Peter Banks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 12:33 PM

I find this view dangerous. I feel very tempted to pride over how many books I have accumulated.

Then I remember to whom  much is given much is required.

pab Tongue Tied

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 12:37 PM

Gary Butner:

How many resources do you have? How many show per shelf?

The number of resources per shelf depends on the width of your browser. At 1280 pixels it will be around nine books per shelf. At 1920 pixels it's around fourteen. There will be a lot of shelves as currently the page will display all your resources.

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 12:49 PM

nicky crane:

forgive what may be a silly question, but can I use this bookshelf for my own personal use in Logos4?

You could create a bookmark in Logos to your webpage, but you'd probably find it too slow to be of real value, I'm afraid. You could  save the page to your hard disk and then link to that file, which would be much quicker, but it would probably still only be worthwhile if you have only a few hundred resources.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 1:45 PM

Mark,

Very cool; I love that it resizes the bookshelves as I give the window more room.  The hyperlinks to launch Logos to that resource are "da bomb." Wink

Hopefully Logos will adopt your rendering; if so, it would be nice to:

• Integrate in the reading plan visual flags on books when I fall behind...and
  • Reverse the scroll bar's "frequent visits" logic by tarnishing the image of books that I haven't cracked with accumulations of digital "dust" to perhaps spur my curiosity to grab a volume I perhaps have never opened/searched through before.
Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 2:24 PM

If Logos ever adopt a "bookshelf paradigm" as an alternative Library index - it would have to have drag and drop ordering so you could move books where you want them! Even configurable ordering (e.g. type then author then title or some other combination like that) would be very unlikely to provide a sufficiently flexible ordering mechanism to suit even "most people", I suspect!

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 18817
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 2:35 PM

I've added this as a suggestion on the Logos UserVoice pages. Go vote for it! If you've already used up your 10 votes, change one of your other votes if you think this deserves a higher priority. Also realize there's no point in wasting your votes on features they've already said they have started or are planning to do.

http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/642271-a-visual-bookshelf-feature-like-mark-barnes-s-cool

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:10 PM

I get this after uploading the file   "Your library has 0 resources".    help?

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:18 PM

David Gullick:

I get this after uploading the file   "Your library has 0 resources".    help?

Unfortunately your file didn't upload properly. Could you delete it and try again?

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:07 PM

Mark Barnes:
Unfortunately your file didn't upload properly. Could you delete it and try again?

If by delete and try again you mean following this "You have already uploaded your library catalogue. If you would like to delete it and start over, please click here", I have tried several times.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Australia

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:20 AM

The file is definitely not uploading properly. I'm not able to tell whether you've uploaded the wrong file (most likely) or there's been a problem with the upload (also possible). The file you are uploading should be between 3.5Mb and 100Mb depending on how many resources you have. It will be the largest file in that folder. I suspect you've been uploading catalog.dcm or catalog.fld or catalog.idx or something, rather than catalog.db

Posts 323
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 7:07 AM

Very cool!  I would love to have something like this built into L4.  This would make a great library interface for choosing a book. 

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 7:50 AM

Thanks Mark. It was the right file, but in the wrong location. I've find another file under the same name, which gives me resources, but its still 600 resources short, so I'll keep looking to see if I can find the current file. Seems strange that I have multiple copies of the file though

EDT: Found it.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Australia

Posts 7
Chris Kouba | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 5:43 AM

Does this work on a Mac?  I can't find that file to upload to your program. 

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 9:12 AM

I followed the instructions and was so excited to see the final product, but this message came up instead.  I must have done something wrong.  I tried it twice.  Can anyone tell what I need to do?  Thanks in advance!

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file' in /home/blog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/logosbib/index.php:254 Stack trace: #0 /home/blog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/logosbib/index.php(254): PDO->__construct('sqlite:/home/bl...') #1 /home/blog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/logosbib/index.php(258): logos4bib_init_pdo('') #2 [internal function]: logos4bib_display_report('') #3 /home/blog/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(339): call_user_func_array('logos4bib_displ...', Array) #4 /home/blog/public_html/wp-settings.php(616): do_action('plugins_loaded') #5 /home/blog/public_html/wp-config.php(32): require_once('/home/blog/publ...') #6 /home/blog/public_html/wp-load.php(30): require_once('/home/blog/publ...') #7 /home/blog/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(12): require_once('/home/blog/publ...') #8 /home/blog/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/blog/publ...') #9 {main} thrown in /home/blog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/logosbib/index.php on line 254

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 25 2010 9:27 PM

Mark, I registered on your website but never received an e-mail back. I have tried to get a bibliographic report. Maybe you could help me out.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 25 2010 10:02 PM

Great visual!

Abraham

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 6:54 AM

Rosie Perera:

I've added this as a suggestion on the Logos UserVoice pages. Go vote for it! If you've already used up your 10 votes, change one of your other votes if you think this deserves a higher priority. Also realize there's no point in wasting your votes on features they've already said they have started or are planning to do.

http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/642271-a-visual-bookshelf-feature-like-mark-barnes-s-cool

Since LOGOS put a "PLANNED" status on this, wonder if we should re-vote for something new now

Posts 25188
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 11:41 AM

toughski:
Since LOGOS put a "PLANNED" status on this, wonder if we should re-vote for something new now

This is a good opportunity to re-allocate one's votes.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 12:04 PM

Dave Hooton:

toughski:

This is a good opportunity to re-allocate one's votes.

Wonder if more votes would provide incentive for higher priority in Logos development plans ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Alfred J. Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 3:51 PM

Looks great. I have tried several times and can not get the link or whatever. I have already registered at your site. What do I do now? I have already uploaded the file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Page 3 of 5 (81 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS