How to 'show-off' your Logos 4 library!

Page 4 of 5 (81 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 80 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 3
Alfred J. Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 3:57 PM

I found the link but when I uploaded it, I got an error message "HY000 no such table found.

Posts 8057
LogosEmployee

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Wonder if more votes would provide incentive for higher priority in Logos development plans ?

The number of UserVoice votes on this item won't change our schedule for shipping this feature. 

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:41 PM

Bump! Maybe a bump will get this implemented faster? :D

Posts 58
Dave M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 6:50 PM

Where might one find the "Library Catalogue?"

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 7:35 PM

Dave M:

Where might one find the "Library Catalogue?"

Dave, if you're on Windows Vista or above, it's in C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\{random folder name}\LibraryCatalog

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:44 AM

Where this feature would be nice if one shelf listed books read, another books to read, and a final one that was my wish list.

Posts 1051
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:20 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Wonder if more votes would provide incentive for higher priority in Logos development plans ?

The number of UserVoice votes on this item won't change our schedule for shipping this feature. 

Just read this thread because it got bumped. Curious...is this the normal stance of Logos toward UserVoice?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:41 AM

William Gabriel:

Just read this thread because it got bumped. Curious...is this the normal stance of Logos toward UserVoice?

It seems to me that UserVoice is a FWIW type of input. It won't compel Logos to do something they are not inclined to do.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 13367
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 12:51 PM

William Gabriel:

Logos have added several features that they did not originally plan, because users have been vociferous. They include:

• Improvements to notes
  • Better, faster syncing
  • Sermon indexes in Personal Books
  • Inline interlinear display
  • Ability to turn off community tags/ratings

There are probably others. But they've also rejected some things that users feel strongly about, too, for a variety of reasons. So it's not the normal stance, but it's not unique, either.

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 3:24 PM

Super Tramp:

William Gabriel:

It seems to me that UserVoice is a FWIW type of input. It won't compel Logos to do something they are not inclined to do.

They've already said they plan to do it:

Lots of user demand might make them take notice of a feature and decide they're definitely going to do it. But we don't have much influence on their schedule of implementing them. They plan things out several releases in advance, and there might be technical or other reasons why they decide to put certain new features in to a particular release in combination with other new features or defer a particular feature to a later release. Rest assured that most of the features they've marked as Planned have eventually made it into production.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 6:30 PM

Rosie Perera:

Awesome. Will that free up all the UserVoice votes for reallocation? Smile

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 6:47 PM

Super Tramp:

Rosie Perera:

Awesome. Will that free up all the UserVoice votes for reallocation? Smile

Eventually, but I wouldn't recommend moving all your votes until they actually change it to STARTED. Bradley said to me in private email that they are reluctant to mark things PLANNED because it will set up expectations that they might not be able to meet, and he doesn't know why some of them were marked PLANNED by Bob a long time ago.

Posts 8057
LogosEmployee

William Gabriel:

Curious...is this the normal stance of Logos toward UserVoice?

No, I was specifically commenting on this one particular item. I was trying to say that "we're already planning to do this; spend your votes on something else that's really important to you, rather than tying them up on this item".

This feature is currently targeted for a specific future release; it's highly unlikely that we'll cancel it just because the UserVoice vote count goes down.

Posts 8057
LogosEmployee

Rosie Perera:

he doesn't know why some of them were marked PLANNED by Bob a long time ago.

That's not exactly what I wrote. Smile

I believe Bob marked those features as "Planned" with the expectation that we would be implementing them in 6-12 months, and with the sincere desire to keep our customers in tune with our plans so you could make informed decisions as to how to use the software and allocate your votes on UserVoice.

However, I also realise that plans can change (due to various internal and external factors), and believe that "Planned" can be interpreted in many ways by different parties. From our perspective, these are still "planned" features; we have them on the backlog, and we'll get to them (eventually). But I suspect that most customers (quite reasonably) assume that "Planned" means a specific release date/version has been set, and that those features will be implemented in the near future. (Hence the comments of "How can this still be marked as "Planned" after two years?!".)

My personal view is that it's premature to mark items as "Planned" just because that idea is on our list of future features. I'd rather wait until we're much closer to starting actual implementation before marking an item as "Planned" or "Started", in order to avoid setting expectations that we can't meet. But if everyone's OK with the possibility of the "Planned" status being removed at any time, we can revisit the way in which we currently set the status of ideas on UserVoice.

Posts 13367
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:00 AM

My personal view is that it's premature to mark items as "Planned" just because that idea is on our list of future features. I'd rather wait until we're much closer to starting actual implementation before marking an item as "Planned" or "Started", in order to avoid setting expectations that we can't meet. But if everyone's OK with the possibility of the "Planned" status being removed at any time, we can revisit the way in which we currently set the status of ideas on UserVoice.

I don't mind things like this being marked as 'planned', so long as you to add a comment to that item which says that you're intending to do it sometime, but it's not an immediate priority.

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:13 AM

Mark Barnes:

I don't mind things like this being marked as 'planned', so long as you to add a comment to that item which says that you're intending to do it sometime, but it's not an immediate priority.

What Mark said. That sounds like a good policy.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 5:39 PM

Bump

Still want one

Posts 59
Chris Gardner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 6:15 PM

How do I do this on Logos 5?

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:19 PM

Chris Gardner:
How do I do this on Logos 5?

Chris, I haven't tried it but I believe it works in Logos 5 just as it did in Logos 4. Just follow the directions here: http://www.4-14.org.uk/logos/logos4-bibliographic-report

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:27 PM

I just tried it and got a server error notice. I imagine Mark Barnes will be around and tell us if there is something going on.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 4 of 5 (81 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS