ATTN FL!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 3 2017 4:33 PM

Please reconsider allowing pre-pub orders to be placed on a payment plan. I do not understand why this is not an option when a lot of the resources on pre-pub are quite expensive (yet good). I would gladly buy more and would not have to cancel a couple of my orders due to this fact. 

I understand there is a book credit you can set up on the Logos store, but this option doesn't always work. Especially when one pre-orders a resource, and a couple of days later it is set to ship out in a couple of weeks. There would be no possible way for that to work. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 2235
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 5:02 PM

I think this runs counter to the idea of pre-pub in getting the book financed to get in production. It might just work if there was an adequate percentage of payments before the book is actually released.

I had to nix some pre-pubs myself. Not the end of the world, but frustrating. You surely aren't alone in this.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2302
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 6:12 PM

The policy introduced by FL has encouraged me to be a better steward over my finances. I now only buy what I can afford and get the most benefit from including it in my library. So, I'm happy with the way things are.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 3661
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 9:06 PM

Beloved:

The policy introduced by FL has encouraged me to be a better steward over my finances. I now only buy what I can afford and get the most benefit from including it in my library. So, I'm happy with the way things are.

Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 9:48 PM

Great points everyone. I just felt it would actually increase their sales 

Posts 10106
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 7:26 AM

What you mention, Keith, is a very valid point.  And I'm not sure their logic.

In theory, payplan costs could be factored in to the 'breakeven' for higher cost sets (eg >$500 as an illustration). It's not hard to imagine.

And the benefits would be in Faithlife's favor. In my world, a lot of (many?) prepubs lanquish because they're expensive (eg Brill, etc). So, you have to use your Accordance account.  I call these prepubs 'dream on', for Faithlife. They're not serious about it.

Then, there's the problem Faithlife is guilty of, repeatedly: dumping a large number of prepubs into shipping, knowing full well it's customers can't rob banks very easily. The customers, in good faith, sign up; Faithlife then throws caution to the wind.

So. Excellent suggestion.

Posts 2302
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 7:35 AM

Denise:

In theory, payplan costs could be factored in to the 'breakeven' for higher cost sets (eg >$500 as an illustration).

I have a suggestion for a possible responsible compromise. FL could extend the 30 day extension to either 60 or even 90 days. I do not want to return to the payment plan era however. 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 1:57 PM

Denise:

In theory, payplan costs could be factored in to the 'breakeven' for higher cost sets (eg >$500 as an illustration). It's not hard to imagine.

And the benefits would be in Faithlife's favor. In my world, a lot of (many?) prepubs lanquish because they're expensive (eg Brill, etc). So, you have to use your Accordance account.  I call these prepubs 'dream on', for Faithlife. They're not serious about it.

Then, there's the problem Faithlife is guilty of, repeatedly: dumping a large number of prepubs into shipping, knowing full well it's customers can't rob banks very easily. The customers, in good faith, sign up; Faithlife then throws caution to the wind.

So. Excellent suggestion.

I agree Denise. Well, we may be the only ones who believe so. I can understand the other side though, but I think it makes more sense to get more resources in production like you had mentioned. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS