NGEN Setting on Command Bar?

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2219
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 16 2017 12:02 PM

I don't see where this was added to change the default in 7.10. Can someone post a pix or tell me where it's hiding?

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2060
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 12:05 PM

It's a badly worded description. You need to type the command in to the command bar box:

set use ngen to yes

You should then get a notification that a restart is needed to make the change.

Posts 2219
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 12:16 PM

Thanks Randy. They should of put the command in the release notes.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2055
LogosEmployee

mab:

Thanks Randy. They should of put the command in the release notes.

As far as I can see, the command is listed in the release notes. Are you seeing something different?

Posts 2060
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 2:13 PM

I think it's just worded a little ambiguously. It sounds like there might be a button added from the wording. It's not obvious it's a command to enter in to the command box.

Posts 6
Kevin Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 2:33 PM

Look for, but cannot find a way to make a custom button that runs that command. Can you point me in the right direction? Thank you! Kevin

Posts 2219
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 2:36 PM

I think the whole issue is being rusty on the use of the Command Bar. When you begin typing it in, it does indeed show up. I first thought to look for a program setting switch. Need to refresh my memory of the Command Bar. 

Posts 2055
LogosEmployee

Randy W. Sims:

I think it's just worded a little ambiguously. It sounds like there might be a button added from the wording. It's not obvious it's a command to enter in to the command box.

Do you have any suggestions that would improve on the current wording? It's not obvious to me how to clarify this: "Added a new command to the Command Bar to turn on and off...".

Posts 2495
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 2:45 PM

Kevin Mitchell:

Look for, but cannot find a way to make a custom button that runs that command. Can you point me in the right direction? Thank you! Kevin

Keven,

You'll want to type the command in the Command Box:

Then you'll want to select or hit enter once the following options show up:

I hope this helps.

Posts 2060
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 3:04 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Randy W. Sims:

Do you have any suggestions that would improve on the current wording? It's not obvious to me how to clarify this: "Added a new command to the Command Bar to turn on and off..."

Ha. I suck at one line descriptions. I think the change made from command bar to command box clarifies it.

Posts 2219
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 4:03 PM

Randy W. Sims:
I think the change made from command bar to command box clarifies it.

YesExactly Geeked

Posts 2243
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 4:23 PM

Doesn't work for me.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 7944
LogosEmployee

Jan Krohn:

Doesn't work for me.

Thanks for the screenshot. You're running into a known issue that command box commands aren't available in English in localised UIs. Try:

setzen Use Ngen nach Ja

(Tragically for this example, "Use Ngen" hasn't been localised yet...)

Posts 295
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 18 2017 1:45 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
setzen Use Ngen nach Ja

That's the worst mixture of English and bad German I have seen Stick out tongue

Posts 1886
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 5:56 PM

Regarding the "set ngen to yes/no" command...

In early versions of the feature, where there was no built-in command, there were guidelines on how to remove the artifacts from previous ngen's when updating to a later version of Logos. Do those guidelines still apply? When we update to a new version, do we have to do anything to clean up previous ngen's? And do we have to use "set ngen to yes" with each update?

Thanks,

Donnie

Posts 2055
LogosEmployee

I don't think this is an issue anymore, but you can use the following from a command prompt to see which versions are registered.

"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe" display Logos

Posts 1939
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 9:47 PM

Kevin Mitchell:

If I understand your desire correctly... Type the command into the command box. Once the command appears in the auto-complete results, use your mouse to drag and drop it from there onto your shortcuts bar!

Posts 60
Matthew Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 12:27 PM

What is the French version?

We've tried "Mettre Use ngen à oui".

Posts 24704
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 3:10 PM

Matthew Lee:
What is the French version?

As it may only need to be set once, go to the English UI language then revert i.e.

• UILang en --> restart
  • set use ngen to yes
  • UILang fr --> restart

UILang is understood in any language

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 60
Matthew Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 3:17 PM

Mmm...I'm asking on behalf several hundred French-speaking users.

This feature makes a significant change in speed, and we want to suggest it to the users in our organization, but while we can tell them to type "franglais" into the interface, we'd prefer not to have very basic users doing two reboots and trying to use the English interface.

The "code" would help more if there is one.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS