Liberal?

Page 5 of 5 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 86 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:47 PM

Frederick Wasti:
Logically, no, certainly not, necessarily.

Yes Cool  I really wish we could have an "off-topic playground" where we could discuss all these things without crossing the boundaries of forum rules. I thoroughly enjoy reading posts like yours and the others in this and similar threads. Maybe someday we will get that.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 26987
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:51 PM

This is my gentle reminder that this thread has gone well outside the guidelines - something I feel an obligation to call when anyone becomes judgmental.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26987
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:54 PM

Matthew C Jones:
I really wish we could have an "off-topic playground" where we could discuss all these things without crossing the boundaries of forum rules.

Unfortunately the behavior of a few caused Logos to rein us in. Unfortunately, the few do not recognize themselves and would still create problems in such a playground. Such a playground would require a wise moderator - and wisdom is hard to come by.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 5:06 PM

Thank you for your "gentle reminders", M.J.

So, let us ~all~ carry on studying, using Logos, of course...  Smile

Fred

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 5:15 PM

Frederick Wasti:
Perhaps, but I doubt that is the reason.

Perhaps not.

I know many threads have had wide discussions and benefited many participants by revealing resources available in Logos (or in Pre-Pub) that address different perspectives. I try to post such resources when I know of them and on many occasions have learned of such resources from others. I suspect that is why Logos has allowed a degree of straying sometimes in these threads. Of course when feelings are hurt or reputations besmirched, it isn't beneficial to anybody.

Frederick Wasti:
I would hope that there always is worth in pursuing dialogue. 

I just meant, with no common ground to launch the discussion from, we would just tread water. I certainly enjoy dialogue.

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 5:45 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Frederick Wasti:
Perhaps, but I doubt that is the reason.

Perhaps not.  I know many threads have had wide discussions and benefited many participants by revealing resources available in Logos (or in Pre-Pub) that address different perspectives. I try to post such resources when I know of them and on many occasions have learned of such resources from others. I suspect that is why Logos has allowed a degree of straying sometimes in these threads. Of course when feelings are hurt or reputations besmirched, it isn't beneficial to anybody.

Understood - thanks for your explanation.

Frederick Wasti:
no use continuing dialogue

EXCEPT that is ~NOT~ a quote from what I said - in fact it is the exact opposite of what I said. (!!!)

Fred

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 5:54 PM

Frederick Wasti:
EXCEPT that is ~NOT~ a quote from what I said - in fact it is the exact opposite of what I said. (!!!)

Funny how that came across that way. I'll try to edit your quote of my quote to better reflect that , Confused

Page 5 of 5 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS