being able to add the Standard Lesson Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Peter Carmon | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 24 2017 6:11 PM

I am a Sunday school Teacher and I use the Standard Lesson Commentary in my teaching.  I use the hard-copy because my church is not technology savvy.  I bought the hard-copy with CD.  I have been trying to load it onto Logos to no avail. does anyone have any suggestions other than buying it again as a download from logos product site.  

Posts 28022
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 24 2017 6:15 PM

Peter Carmon:
I bought the hard-copy with CD.  I have been trying to load it onto Logos to no avail.

Does the CD tell you that it is Logos? I would assume not. 

Peter Carmon:
does anyone have any suggestions other than buying it again as a download from logos product site.  

Unless the product includes a Logos license, you will need to purchase it from Logos to have it integrate into your library. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18059
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 24 2017 9:29 PM

Peter Carmon:
 I bought the hard-copy with CD. I have been trying to load it onto Logos to no avail.

Welcome Big Smile

The CD does not have a license for Logos use. Standard Lessons FAQ includes:

Standard Lessons FAQ:

Q: How do I get the Logos edition of the Standard Lesson eCommentary?

A: Logos Bible Software makes the Logos edition of the Standard Lesson Commentary available as a download from their website. Go to www.logos.com and search for “Standard Lesson Commentary.” You’ll find both the current and previous editions of the commentary available there.

Q: Why can’t I get the Logos edition of the Standard Lesson eCommentary along with a print copy of the Standard Lesson Commentary®?

A: Logos Bible Software has decided to offer its products in a “download only” format. Thus Standard Publishing is unable to offer the Standard Lesson Commentary with a bound-in Logos CD.

Logos.com search => https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=%22Standard+Lesson+Commentary%22&start=0&sort=newest&pageSize=30

Peter Carmon:
does anyone have any suggestions other than buying it again as a download from logos product site.  

Noticed Deluxe Edition includes full text of Standard Lesson Commentary along with PowerPoint presentations plus more.

Logos Commentary resources include Bible Milestones, which is useful for searching plus linking with Bibles, ...

Personal Book commentary can be created with Bible Milestone tagging. Logos wiki =>Personal Books Caveat: getting Bible Milestones correct can be a bit challenging => Power Tip: Using variables to Search and Replace in Word Other issue is copyright use since Standard Lesson likely receives royalty payment from purchase of Logos resource (can dream about an arrangement between Standard Lesson and Faithlife so a Standard Lesson Deluxe Edition purchase includes a coupon code for Logos purchase, which could require email registration to avoid coupon code abuse).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS