Lemma In Passage "Failed to load."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 99
Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 26 2017 12:53 PM

When I view the Exegetical Guide or Passage Guide and scroll down to Lemma In Passage, I get no results and a "Failed to load" message. When I view the Bible Word Study, it works fine. It doesn't matter if it's a passage from the Old or New Testament. Any thoughts as to what's wrong or if I'm doing something wrong? Also, what is the difference between "Lemmas in Passage" and "Other Lemmas" in the Bible Word Study? It seems to be showing results for the same lemma under both (see third screen shot showing WBC from Isaiah).

3187.LogosLogs.matthew.temple.20171026-153820.zip

Posts 326
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 1:31 PM

Matthew:
what is the difference between "Lemmas in Passage" and "Other Lemmas" in the Bible Word Study? It seems to be showing results for the same lemma under both (see third screen shot showing WBC from Isaiah).

Yes, it's the same lemma, because this is the word you selected in the Bible Word Study. But it's not a "Lemma in passage," because the lemma is only mentioned in discussion on a passage that doesn't contain it; the verse discussed in this commentary article is Is 24:21, where ἐπισκοπή doesn't occur in the text. That section might better be named "Other passages" or something to make it more apparent. 

Matthew:
Exegetical Guide... I get no results and a "Failed to load" message. When I view the Bible Word Study, it works fine.

That is really odd, that it would work on one guide and not another. Would you post logs here so we can get more information?
Please follow the instructions at www.logos.com/maclogs, and attach the zip file to your post with the paperclip icon. 

Thanks.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 99
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 1:44 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Matthew:
what is the difference between "Lemmas in Passage" and "Other Lemmas" in the Bible Word Study? It seems to be showing results for the same lemma under both (see third screen shot showing WBC from Isaiah).

Yes, it's the same lemma, because this is the word you selected in the Bible Word Study. But it's not a "Lemma in passage," because the lemma is only mentioned in discussion on a passage that doesn't contain it; the verse discussed in this commentary article is Is 24:21, where ἐπισκοπή doesn't occur in the text. That section might better be named "Other passages" or something to make it more apparent. 

Matthew:
Exegetical Guide... I get no results and a "Failed to load" message. When I view the Bible Word Study, it works fine.

That is really odd, that it would work on one guide and not another. Would you post logs here so we can get more information?
Please follow the instructions at www.logos.com/maclogs, and attach the zip file to your post with the paperclip icon. 

Thanks.

Thanks Adam, I have attached the logs, hopefully I did it right.

Posts 326
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 1:58 PM

I'm not seeing it Matthew. Try again, or give our support team a call at 1-800-875-6467.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 99
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 2:00 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

I'm not seeing it Matthew. Try again, or give our support team a call at 1-800-875-6467.

5635.LogosLogs.matthew.temple.20171026-153820.zip

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 3:09 PM

Thank you for the logs, Matthew. I'm doing some investigating about this. I'll reply again here or send you an email when later today or tomorrow.

Posts 99
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 3:18 PM

Tommy Ball:

Thank you for the logs, Matthew. I'm doing some investigating about this. I'll reply again here or send you an email when later today or tomorrow.

Thanks!!

Posts 44
Rob Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 6:03 PM

I have the same problem - Lemma in Passage "Failed to Load," and am searching for the fix. I'm currently a Now (or Connect) subscriber, but just recently became aware of the Lemma in Passage feature and am trying to use it. What is the fix?

Thanks.

Posts 24442
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 17 2018 3:19 PM

You could delete the section and then Add it back after generating the guide for your passage.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS