Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2235
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 12:24 PM

Can a category be added to Reading Status for Author Guides and will they always be a temporary license?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 339
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 2:00 PM

Beloved, this sounds like you are asking two different questions: 

Beloved:
Can a category be added to Reading Status for Author Guides

I'm sorry, I don't follow. I'm familiar with Reading Status in the library, but what do you mean by "adding a category" to Reading Status?

Beloved:
and will they always be a temporary license?

Author Guides have a temporary license at this time, because the only way to get them is with a Now membership. Future marketing plans for this product are still being determined.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 745
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 2:08 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Beloved:

I'm sorry, I don't follow. I'm familiar with Reading Status in the library, but what do you mean by "adding a category" to Reading Status?

If you add the Reading Status column to your library display, and you've read some of the resource, the status is displayed.

Posts 2235
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 2:54 PM

Sean Boisen:

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Beloved:

If you add the Reading Status column to your library display, and you've read some of the resource, the status is displayed.

I'm sorry I have caused confusion, but Sean has identified the menu I was referring to I don't know what it is called, but this is where you can organize your library into columns of information Publisher, Last Update, Title, Author, etc. This is what I suggest we add an entry to for the Author Guide.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 745
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 5:41 PM

Beloved:
I'm sorry I have caused confusion, but Sean has identified the menu I was referring to I don't know what it is called, but this is where you can organize your library into columns of information Publisher, Last Update, Title, Author, etc. This is what I suggest we add an entry to for the Author Guide.

The menu on the right side of the image (from right-clicking on the column headers) just controls which columns appear in the Library panel. The Martin Luther Author Guide is already a row in the Library display (as my image shows). So i still don't understand what you're suggesting: a new column?

Posts 2235
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 4:36 AM

Sean Boisen:
The menu on the right side of the image (from right-clicking on the column headers) just controls which columns appear in the Library panel. The Martin Luther Author Guide is already a row in the Library display (as my image shows). So i still don't understand what you're suggesting: a new column?

This menu with the check marks by the column headings as seen below, that appears upon right clicking the column references. I'm suggesting that Author Guides be a column reference as well that you're able to display/organize from this menu.

Posts 7923
LogosEmployee

Beloved:
I'm suggesting that Author Guides be a column reference as well that you're able to display/organize from this menu.

What would be displayed in this new "Author Guides" column for each row?

(You have 1 author guide and 14,000 other resources; would it be "Yes" in one row and blank in all the others? Or something else?)

Posts 17833
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 7:33 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Beloved:
I'm suggesting that Author Guides be a column reference as well that you're able to display/organize from this menu.

(You have 1 author guide and 14,000 other resources; would it be "Yes" in one row and blank in all the others? Or something else?)

Ideally Author Guide column would have Author Guide name(s) that reference a resource (so can sort Library by Author Guide, similar to Author sorting). Filtering Library by Author Guide should show relevant resources. Comparing Author:"Luther, Martin" with Author Guide found some resources in my Library that are not in Author Guide:

Also learned Martin Luther is included in many resource descriptions, which are not mentioned in Author Guide.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2235
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 9:25 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Ideally Author Guide column would have Author Guide name(s) that reference a resource (so can sort Library by Author Guide, similar to Author sorting).

This is what I envisioned would be the case too. My suggestion looks to the future when we have many more Author Guides.

Posts 2043
LogosEmployee

It looks like you guys are thinking along similar lines as we are. There are already some discussions about implementing some new metadata that would accomplish this objective, but would be more broadly useful than just for Author Guides. Unfortunately, we don't yet have any idea when or if this will actually become available.

Posts 4835
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 5:40 AM

There are currently four author guides available: Luther, Edwards, Irenaeus & Warfield. It's approximately six months since we have seen any new guides.  Is there plans for more to come  or had this idea been shelved?

Posts 745
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 9:26 PM

doc:

There are currently four author guides available: Luther, Edwards, Irenaeus & Warfield. It's approximately six months since we have seen any new guides.  Is there plans for more to come  or had this idea been shelved?

I'm still hoping to make more Author Guides, but we've prioritized other work recently which has put Author Guides on the back burner.

We're always open to suggestions for

• authors for which it would be valuable to have a Guide like these
  • any features that would improve Author Guides
Posts 4835
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 11:29 PM

Thanks Sean for the update. I think they are a valuable addition but understand the need to balance priorities. Hope time is good found to some more if them. Because there is only a small number they might get overlooked in our library or resources but realistically you will only be able to a small subset of authors.

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS