Security Question

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1063
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 7 2017 9:58 AM

I have been using faithlife TV (no and off, mainly off) for some time now ... and today I was asked to enter a code into a web browser. Why?

(BTW. The 'off' is simply that the med videos autoplay. Is there a way of stopping a video from moving onto the next excerpt? )

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 82
LogosEmployee
Jeff Huff (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 12:20 PM

Martin Folley:
and today I was asked to enter a code into a web browser. Why?

Can you tell us which platform you are watching from (Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV) when you get the Authentication code?

There is not currently a way to toggle auto-play.

Posts 1063
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 1:07 PM

Hi.

I was using Apple TV, (model A1625 - 4th Gen).

Is auto-play going to be optional at some point? I use the Apple TV to watch the mobile ed videos one at a time, using my MBP to do the reading between viewings.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 82
LogosEmployee
Jeff Huff (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 7:59 AM

The only way I can see that you would get the Authentication code and browser URL screen is that if you went to the Settings menu in the app and clicked the Authorize button.  This would mean that you were not signed into the Faithlife TV Apple TV app, or previously clicked Sign Out on the Settings menu.  I am not sure how that would happen unless the app was uninstalled and reinstalled or an Apple TV update somehow wiped out your credentials.

The browser URL and code are used to link the Faithlife TV Apple TV app to your Faithlife account and allow you to access your content.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS