Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 418
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 11 2017 8:20 AM

I am trialling Proclaim and had asked earlier in the week if I had to have an internet connection to use Proclaim. The answer was 'No', but what I didn't think about was the assumption that the computer being used to perform the presentation would at least need an internet connection to download Proclaim! As it is, the church computer is a desktop and never has internet connection without a lot of difficulty.

So, I've got two Proclaim presentations for two services tomorrow that I don't think I'm going to be able to use unless they can be converted into Power Point presentations. But I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

Any suggestions? Is it even possible?

Posts 22076
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 11 2017 8:33 AM

Jordan Litchfield:
but what I didn't think about was the assumption that the computer being used to perform the presentation would at least need an internet connection to download Proclaim! As it is, the church computer is a desktop and never has internet connection without a lot of difficulty.

I think that's going to be a problem!

Jordan Litchfield:

So, I've got two Proclaim presentations for two services tomorrow that I don't think I'm going to be able to use unless they can be converted into Power Point presentations. But I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

Any suggestions? Is it even possible?

I can't think of any way to convert a Proclaim presentation to a PowerPoint one - its not designed to do that. 

But even if it were possible you would lose a lot of the benefits of working with Proclaim in the first place. 

While it may (I don't know) be able to get a "first time Proclaim installation on a data stick" - the developers are producing updates to the programme most weeks and it would be very difficult to keep updated.

Apologies if I misled you in the previous conversation - I was assuming that the presentation computer would have access to the Internet during the week but just not during the service. If it never is going to realistically have Internet access I'm not convinced that Proclaim is the right option.

But I may be missing something obvious. If I am I am sure someone will point it out!

Posts 161
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 11 2017 10:14 AM

Hey Jordan,

Proclaim can't be converted to a PowerPoint presentation. We only allow PowerPoint presentations to be imported into Proclaim, not the other way around. I apologize for that and any inconvenience. 

Have you considered possibly getting an internet connection at your church? Even if its a slow connection as long as you have way to get updates and install Proclaim because Proclaim can still be used without an internet connection. 

Posts 623
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 11 2017 1:04 PM

Also, if you are in a pinch you can select the slides in the Order of Service, right click, and export as images. 

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 4686
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 11 2017 2:48 PM

Matt Mattox:
Have you considered possibly getting an internet connection at your church? Even if its a slow connection as long as you have way to get updates and install Proclaim because Proclaim can still be used without an internet connection. 

Don't forget you can use a data enabled iPhone as a modem by turning on the Hotspot connection. I think there is also a similar facility on Androids.

Depending on the signal downloading Proclaim and one presentation should not be a problem. The other option is to plug a laptop into the church system.

Posts 161
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 11 2017 4:08 PM

Mike Binks:

Don't forget you can use a data enabled iPhone as a modem by turning on the Hotspot connection. I think there is also a similar facility on Androids.

Depending on the signal downloading Proclaim and one presentation should not be a problem. The other option is to plug a laptop into the church system.

Mike, is right that is another option. I even looked up information about hotspots, but decided to hold back on that option until Jordan replied back. I am hoping he grabs a network provider instead of using the hotspot route. 

As always, appreciate the assist though Mike.

Thanks, Matt

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 11 2017 4:42 PM

If you have Proclaim on the Church computer, you can use the Backup/Restore to backup your presentation on a computer that created the presentation or a sync'd version (via internet connection). Then take the backup on a thumb drive to church and restore into Proclaim - no Internet required.

Here is a help article about backup/restore

https://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203470539-Presentation-Backup-and-Restore

Posts 418
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 11 2017 9:51 PM

Thanks everyone. I got Proclaim installed on the church computer in the end. I had to run my 160 foot cable from the manse to the church late last night, which is not very straightforward. Any ways, it's installed now. I don't know if hotspots are going to work for me. I'll have to see if getting it updated is going to be realistically feasible. Taking a backup version over isn't an issue, it's just updates to the program.

In any case, I appreciate everyone jumping in with advice. At least all my work on those two presentations won't be wasted! Thank the Lord!

Posts 310
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 12 2017 7:52 AM

Here is possible solution for getting internet to the computer.

TP-Link AV600 Nano Powerline Adapter

It uses the power lines in the building to extend the LAN. It worked for us right out of the box.

Here is the Amazon page:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWRUICG/ref=pe_2640190_232748420_TE_item_image

Posts 418
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 13 2017 2:16 AM

Brendon Marks (BCBC):
Here is possible solution for getting internet to the computer.

Thanks Brendon, I'll look into that. It may be an option.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS