Creating a list of top 5 commentaries per book

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 124
Dennis Hilario | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 17 2017 10:43 PM

Is it possible to specify the top 5 commentaries per book when I search through the passage guide? These books will be in the top 5 in the list of the commentaries. Thank you.

Posts 21643
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 11:33 PM

Dennis Hilario:

Is it possible to specify the top 5 commentaries per book when I search through the passage guide? These books will be in the top 5 in the list of the commentaries. Thank you.

Yes - you need to use Advanced Prioritisation for this.

See https://wiki.logos.com/Prioritizing#Example_1.3a_customizing_a_priority_of_a_commentary_for_specific_books for some pointers 

Posts 32
Leigh Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 18 2017 4:22 AM

One way to do this is to tag the commentaries you want for each book (I use the tag TopComm), then add a commentary section to the Passage Guide based on that tag.

Posts 9043
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 18 2017 8:13 AM

Since most commentaries are on one book of the Bible (not all are, I know), you can tag or add stars to the top five commentaries for each book and create a collection based on that tagging. Add that collection to a custom Passage Guide. This avoids the more tedious task of Advanced Prioritization. You would sometime get hits on commentaries that shared the same resource that were not in your top five this way (say a commentary on Matthew and Mark and you only like the one on Matthew).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS