Grab it before it’s gone!

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6323
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 20 2017 1:51 PM

Grab story of God Bible commentary sermon on the mount before it’s gone: https://www.logos.com/product/49619/story-of-god-bible-commentary-sermon-on-the-mount 

Christian bookstore says it’s no longer available.  So it may very well be on its way out...plagiarism? Maybe?

I don’t really know; I’m just speculating here. I have become a little paranoid with this whole plagiarism thing going on lately,  so I went ahead and purchased for 12 bucks today before it’s gone.

DAL

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 2:06 PM

Thanks for pointing this out.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 3:26 PM

DAL:

Grab story of God Bible commentary sermon on the mount before it’s gone: https://www.logos.com/product/49619/story-of-god-bible-commentary-sermon-on-the-mount 

Christian bookstore says it’s no longer available.  So it may very well be on its way out...plagiarism? Maybe?

I don’t really know; I’m just speculating here. I have become a little paranoid with this whole plagiarism thing going on lately,  so I went ahead and purchased for 12 bucks today before it’s gone.

DAL

Maybe it’s because it’s now available as a free e-book on the Story of God website:

http://www.storyofgodseries.com/free-resources/free-bible-commentary-ebook-sermon-on-the-mount/

Looks like Zondervan is using it as a promotional tool.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 3:34 PM

Todd Phillips:
Maybe it’s because it’s now available as a free e-book on the Story of God website

Thanks for that link, Todd! What I saw there convinced me to get the Logos edition!

FYI, the ebook appears to be a subset (44 pages), not the full (320 pages) edition.

Posts 6323
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 3:38 PM

Thanks Todd, but it seems it’s only a selection.  At least that’s what I understand from the following statement, “This eBook is selected from Scot McKnight’s new book, The Story of God Bible Commentary: Sermon on the Mount. Scot McKnight’s exceptional scholarship and clear writing style shed new light on the richly beautiful, challenging, world-changing teachings of Jesus.” So from this and the following description it only has 44 pages. The actual book has 320 pages.

The Kingdom Vision eBook features:

• 44 pages that explain and illuminate high points of Jesus’ most famous sermon.
  • A revealing new look at the Beatitudes (“Blessed are the ____”), and why they turn our expectations upside-down.
  • An examination of Jesus’ views on violence & the real meaning of “turn the other cheek.”
  • An eyewitness account of how grace defused a robbery in inner-city Sydney, Australia.
  • Practical suggestions for how we can live out Jesus’ teachings today.
Posts 6323
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 3:39 PM

PetahChristian:

Todd Phillips:
Maybe it’s because it’s now available as a free e-book on the Story of God website

Thanks for that link, Todd! What I saw there convinced me to get the Logos edition!

FYI, the ebook appears to be a subset (44 pages), not the full (320 pages) edition.

Ha! You beat me to it! I just posted about this right after you 👍😁👌

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 3:43 PM

DAL:
Ha! You beat me to it! I just posted about this right after you

Well, the good news is that they wouldn't be giving away that e-book if the commentary was going to be pulled. Wink

Posts 6323
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 3:56 PM

PetahChristian:

DAL:
Ha! You beat me to it! I just posted about this right after you

Well, the good news is that they wouldn't be giving away that e-book if the commentary was going to be pulled. Wink

That’s a good thing! CBD may not be allowed to sell it anymore. Oh well, I like digital better 👍

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 4:50 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but I am not familiar with this series. What is distinctive about this volume, and what other titles it is comparable to? A quick search of my library shows about a dozen titles dealing with the sermon on the mount and/or the beatitudes, not counting the multitude of "regular" Bible commentaries. I am potentially interested, but don't want to buy it just for the sake of having a YAC (yet another commentary).

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 5:26 PM

I might have missed it above but I see that the Philippians book by Cohick, Lynn H.  is on the same sale. https://www.logos.com/product/49618/story-of-god-bible-commentary-philippians 

The only one not on sale is the pair combined.

Posts 201
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 5:45 PM

If you check the Zondervan titles available in Logos and sort by "savings" you may note that quite a number are available (for probably only a short time) at 49% off (ie: close enough to half price), including not only these two volumes but WBC and others.....
https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=zondervan&start=&sort=savings&pageSize=60

Posts 1937
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 11:15 PM

Matthew:
Pardon my ignorance, but I am not familiar with this series

Neither am I.  Can someone tell us why we should get it?

Posts 1
Didier Aubin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 2:15 AM

It sounds cool Big Smile almost 50% discount for a great book 

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 3:37 AM

This post shows 5 or more pages of comments, yet cannot navigate past page 1...

Anyone else having the same issue?

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 4:13 AM

Michael S.:

I see that, too. Maybe the other 130+ posts were pulled for plagiarism.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 6323
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 4:17 AM

Robert M. Warren:

Michael S.:

I see that, too. Maybe the other 130+ posts were pulled for plagiarism.

Lately I’ve seen this behavior on other threads too,  not just this one.

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS