Spam system

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1002
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 20 2017 10:08 PM

Hi.

I am confused.

I have just written a reply to a thread, whilst logged on, and with an long standin account, only to see this:

Should that be the case?

AFAIK, there is nothing in the post that should trigger anything (and if there is I am really interested in what!), only a couple of links to FL forum posts/members.

Is the system malfunctioning?

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 483
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 10:23 PM

Did you include a weblink - even to Logos itself?

I did once and got the same message.

Posts 1002
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 10:39 PM

Yes it did ... but so do many posts within these forums ... and there were no links to anything outside of the forums. Spammers who do not link to their own site/product seem to be senseless, though I suppose that there make be a sophisticated work-around for spammers using internal links that I am not aware of.

I suppose that I was surprised that the system does not take account of the posting patterns of the forum members (I actually remember the days before the forum ... ) ... that is why I speculated whether it was broken.

In this instance, the post may become irrelevant within the week, it is sort of time critical. It relates to the D.A Carson sermon library where LN subscribers may be able to claim a $14.95 credit if they bought it last December on the pre-pub program.

Posts 1672
LogosEmployee

I've approved your post. As far as I can tell, the system is working correctly. It's pretty much impossible to tell specifically why the system gave a false positive on your post.

Posts 1019
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 6:17 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

I've approved your post. As far as I can tell, the system is working correctly. It's pretty much impossible to tell specifically why the system gave a false positive on your post.

I appreciate that you're taking active steps to prevent spam. I'm sure you'll refine the system as time goes on, but it has been noticeably better on the forums. Thanks.

Posts 1002
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 11:20 PM

Thank you Andrew.

The efforts to stop spammers is very much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS