This post has 48 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 607
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 1 2017 12:18 AM

Everything is located on one page.

https://www.logos.com/see-something-new#monthlysale 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 195
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 2:06 AM

And the Free Book for Logos Now subscribers.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Free+titles+for+Now+members&unlocked=no

Use Code:  NOWFREEBOOKDEC

Posts 1664
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 2:17 AM

Seems the sale is a publisher sale, as in last month was IVP and this month is Baker.

Hmm.. Couldn't find anything suitable. Maybe I'll wait for New Year sale...usually better. (Hoping for NEW Base Package editions!)

Posts 3140
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 2:21 AM

I was surprised to see the code here but they put out there on the page and it only works if you are subscribed, so I guess it's fine.

Posts 3140
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 2:31 AM

Same for verbum, but the FOTM does not show discounted in the shopping cart:

https://verbum.com/christmas#now

Posts 1419
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 4:04 AM

This is really nice:  check out Boice's commentary set (but get the 3 Psalms volumes first in FBOTM for $5 and knock $12 off a very good price):

https://www.logos.com/product/2665/boices-expositional-commentaries 

Win7 Android 4.4.2

Posts 4631
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 4:04 AM

The Baker sales is under 12 Days of Logos, so it seems kind of strange.

DAL

Posts 769
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 4:45 AM

Speaking of December, did the LN preview books get pushed out yet?

L2 Scholar's Library | Bib. Lang. Sup. | L4 Min. X-Grade | L5 Starter | L5 Min. X-Grade | L6 Reformed Gold | L6 Verbum Basic

XL Theology Bundle | Logos Now Subscriber | L7 Methodist Bronze | Theologian & Pastor

Posts 1398
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 5:26 AM

There is not much of anything suitable for me in this December sale.

Posts 11797
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 6:20 AM

mike:
Seems the sale is a publisher sale, as in last month was IVP and this month is Baker.

Keep scrolling…

Posts 8545
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 7:14 AM

Boice is worth picking up, esp. after buying the three volumes under Free Book of the Month, if you are looking for a good expository commentary to add to your collection.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1605
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 7:25 AM

Mark Smith:
Boice is worth picking up, esp. after buying the three volumes under Free Book of the Month, if you are looking for a good expository commentary to add to your collection.

Is this good today only or is it good till the end of the year?

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 15
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 8:34 AM

Francis:

Same for verbum, but the FOTM does not show discounted in the shopping cart:

https://verbum.com/christmas#now

Good to go now! :)

Posts 8545
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 10:44 AM

Tom:

Good question. IIRC the 12 Days price will change after the day it is listed. Maybe someone else will have a better memory than mine.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1605
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 10:57 AM

Mark Smith:
Good question. IIRC the 12 Days price will change after the day it is listed.

That is what I though. Sad  But when I put it in my cart, it give the impresion that it is good for the 12 days of Christmas ? 

Boice's Expositional Commentaries (27 vols.) Save up to 80% on Baker resources during the 12 Days of Logos

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 607
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 11:36 AM

Mark Smith:

Hey Mark how valuable would you say this series is? I already have a quite a bit of commentaries but wondering if Boice will add anything substantially? Also it looks like it only covers about 20 books or so 

Posts 204
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 1:01 PM

Keith. I find more inspiration when preaching from Boice, Christ Centered Exposition and the Reformed Expository Commentaries than any of my more technical commentaries. There are usually some great illustration ideas, but also practical ways of teaching the passage. If you have the funds I would go for this - after buying the Psalms volume on offer first.

Posts 4631
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 1:16 PM

Mark Smith:

Tom:

Good question. IIRC the 12 Days price will change after the day it is listed. Maybe someone else will have a better memory than mine.

According to an email I received, it will last ‘til the end of the year.  Your 12 deals are already there, the only thing is that one will be highlighted each day but don’t expect any more new baker products to go on sale. This is like the Zondervan 12 Days from last year. 

I like the old way better in a way, because we didn’t know what deal would be offered until it was revealed. Oh well 😔 sometimes the deals weren’t good anyway, so I guess this year we already know what’s out there.

DAL

Posts 607
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 1:40 PM

Paul Caneparo:

Keith. I find more inspiration when preaching from Boice, Christ Centered Exposition and the Reformed Expository Commentaries than any of my more technical commentaries. There are usually some great illustration ideas, but also practical ways of teaching the passage. If you have the funds I would go for this - after buying the Psalms volume on offer first.

Thanks for the feedback, I will think about it, I got the three so far, guess I'm going to look through it first.

Posts 1664
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 2:30 PM

Keith,

Rather than Boice, I would rather recommend you pick up Kistemaker instead.

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.