Calvinist pay to view email

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3049
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 17 2017 5:14 PM

A while ago, I had seen another subscriber post how their Faithlife TV Plus subscription didn't include certain films (such as Luther), and that they'd have to pay extra to watch it.

I didn't pay much attention to that issue at the time, but just got an email about the Calvinist documentary. I didn't expect that it would cost $19.95 to (buy to) watch the film.

It appears that TV has a free tier, an individual (Plus) tier, a church tier (that also includes Mobile Ed videos), and a "Store" where you have to buy films which may or may not (eventually) be included in one of the other tiers.

(We've seen something similar happen with Logos Now, and the Bible Browser, which used to be subscription-only, then got added to a new extended feature set offering, then was bundled with the full feature set, which then became available at 50% off as part of the very recent Essential Upgrade.)

I do understand that you have to get more people to (continue to) buy new resources, and I'm also truly grateful that FL is making more resources, features, tools, and films available to non-subscribers and shifting items to lesser bundles.

But, it also is starting to feel like subscription value/benefits keep diminishing, as FL introduces more offerings such as pay to view.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 5:52 PM

I agree...I'm done with Logos Now when renewal comes up again. I bought the essential package on black Friday because Logos Now is losing its appeal as time goes on

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 6:43 AM

PetahChristian:

(We've seen something similar happen with Logos Now, and the Bible Browser, which used to be subscription-only, then got added to a new extended feature set offering, then was bundled with the full feature set, which then became available at 50% off as part of the very recent Essential Upgrade.)

Bible Browser?

I can't keep app.logos.com, LogosNow and Feature Sets all straight in my mind. Makes it hard for me to figure out the combinations and what features etc I should have.

Posts 21604
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 6:51 AM

Marshall Harrison:
Bible Browser?

See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/129323.aspx for some background

Posts 3049
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 6:58 AM

Marshall Harrison:
Bible Browser?

Bible Browser

Marshall Harrison:
I can't keep app.logos.com, LogosNow and Feature Sets all straight in my mind.

Logos Now would include all the features of the feature sets, plus some subscription-only features (such as Lemma in Passage), plus some early-access features of Logos 8 that shipped after Logos 7 feature sets were released.

If you have Logos Now, you have access to all features, and you don't need to buy any feature sets (unless you wanted to own them).

app.logos.com would be a platform, not necessarily a (sub)set of features. The web app platform won't necessarily have feature parity with the desktop platform, but that has nothing to do with feature sets or Logos Now.

(Since the web app is still being developed, FL is continuing to add more functionality to it.)

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 7:10 AM

PetahChristian:

Marshall Harrison:
Bible Browser?

Bible Browser

Marshall Harrison:
I can't keep app.logos.com, LogosNow and Feature Sets all straight in my mind.

Logos Now would include all the features of the feature sets, plus some subscription-only features (such as Lemma in Passage), plus some early-access features of Logos 8 that shipped after Logos 7 feature sets were released.

If you have Logos Now, you have access to all features, and you don't need to buy any feature sets (unless you wanted to own them).

app.logos.com would be a platform, not necessarily a (sub)set of features. The web app platform won't necessarily have feature parity with the desktop platform, but that has nothing to do with feature sets or Logos Now.

(Since the web app is still being developed, FL is continuing to add more functionality to it.)

Thanks.

So LogosNow and app.logos.com are two different things? 

And LogosNow is really a way of subscribing/renting the Logos 7 plus some other features like limited  Proclaim access and the BTOTM?

ITs starting to make sense to me.

Posts 21604
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 7:19 AM

Marshall Harrison:
So LogosNow and app.logos.com are two different things? 

Yes

LogosNow is a subscription service providing access to features, discounts, free offers - some of these features as PetahChristian says are only available via a LogosNow subscription.

app.logos.com is a web site giving you access to your Logos resources. It is under development and new functionality is being added on a frequent basis. It is not currently as feature rich as the desktop but it is also the place where some new features are being developed. The major example of this is the new Notes system which is being developed on app.logos.com - and does not currently sync with desktop notes.

(At one stage app.logo.com was only available with a Logos Now subscription but this is no longer the case)

Marshall Harrison:
And LogosNow is really a way of subscribing/renting the Logos 7 plus some other features like limited  Proclaim access and the BTOTM?

Subscribing to Logos 7 features (and just a few resources). Other resources need to be purchased. Proclaim access isn't included with Logos Now. https://www.logos.com/now-members gives you an indication of the sort of things it provides.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS