Reverse Interlinear for RSV Second Catholic Edition

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 14
Fr. Shawn P. Tunink | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 20 2017 10:23 AM

I use the "Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition (RSV2CE)" as my primary English translation as this is what most of my people have with them for Bible study. The problem with this version in Verbum is that while the old version, "Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition (RSVCE)," has the Verbum reverse interlinear feature, the updated version does not. There were not all that many changes between the RSVCE and the RSV2CE. Can the current version be updated with the reverse interlinear functionality sometime soon? Thank you.

Posts 17899
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 11:15 AM

Verbum 7 Starter Feature Set includes "The English-Hebrew Reverse Interlinear Old Testament Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition" , "The English-Greek Reverse Interlinear Deuterocanonical Old Testament Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition" and "The Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition New Testament Reverse Interlinear" 

Verbum Now => https://verbum.com/now includes all Features. Verbum Cloud => https://verbumcloud.com resource rental includes features.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 17899
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 11:31 AM

Fr. Shawn P. Tunink:
There were not all that many changes between the RSVCE and the RSV2CE. Can the current version be updated with the reverse interlinear functionality sometime soon?

Thread => Dataset Updates: October 16, 2017 includes RSV2CE interlinears for those who have RSV2CE license.

Thankful for Verbum Now that includes RSV2CE interlinears (last updated 17 Oct 2017) plus learned product descriptions for Verbum 7 Starter Feature Set and Verbum 7 Full Feature Set do not mention RSV2CE

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 14
Fr. Shawn P. Tunink | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:11 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Fr. Shawn P. Tunink:
There were not all that many changes between the RSVCE and the RSV2CE. Can the current version be updated with the reverse interlinear functionality sometime soon?

Thread => Dataset Updates: October 16, 2017 includes RSV2CE interlinears for those who have RSV2CE license.

All of my resources are updated, but I still do not have interlinear for my RSV2CE, not on my desktop nor mobile devices. I see that it was supposed to happen on October, 16th. I'm not sure what's wrong here.

Posts 14
Fr. Shawn P. Tunink | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:19 PM

Here's is the "Support Info" details from the resource information page:

LLS:RSV2CE
2017-10-17T20:34:34Z
RSV2CE.logos4

There is no mention of reverse interlinear information like with the RSVCE in my library.

Posts 17899
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 3:06 PM

Fr. Shawn P. Tunink:

Noticed same revision date and time for RSV2CE. My "Support Info" includes four reverse interlinears.

Suggest contacting Faithlife customer service to check licensing => https://www.logos.com/contact

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 561
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 3:09 PM

Fr. Shawn P. Tunink:

LLS:RSV2CE
2017-10-17T20:34:34Z
RSV2CE.logos4

There is no mention of reverse interlinear information like with the RSVCE in my library.

It appears to be available in Verbum Cloud Premium and Logos Now. Also available for purchase separately:

The Reverse Interlinear Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition

The Reverse Interlinear Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition: New Testament

The Reverse Interlinear Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition: Old Testament

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 939
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 3:59 PM

Hello Father,

You may have checked this already, but I want to make sure you have the interlinear icon selected at the top of the panel.  Is this what you are looking for?

Posts 14
Fr. Shawn P. Tunink | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 23 2017 11:13 AM

After speaking with customer support, I learned that the reverse interlinear functionality for the RSV2CE has to be purchased as a separate resource. I've never had to purchase an upgrade before for a resource I owned, but that is how they are marketing this. Even if you already own the RSV2CE from a base package, you have to pay to the get the upgraded version with the reserve interlinear. I bought it and now everything works fine.

Posts 22
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 9:22 AM

Hi Fr. Tunink - Are you able to use this resource for the inline interlinear function of Logos?

Posts 14
Fr. Shawn P. Tunink | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 2 2018 9:24 AM

Ken:

Hi Fr. Tunink - Are you able to use this resource for the inline interlinear function of Logos?

Yes. I had to buy the reverse interlinear as a separate resource, but now it works.

Posts 22
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 9 2018 3:55 PM

Thank you. I purchased it as well but I do not have inline interlinear functionality. I contacted CS but haven't heard back yet.

Posts 513
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 9 2018 4:16 PM

I can confirm that both the interlinear and inline interlinear both work. Note that there are two separate tabs, one for each.

Posts 22
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 10 2018 2:27 AM

Thank you for confirming that Bobby! 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS