Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Shea Zellweger | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 20 2017 12:21 PM

Hey y'all,

So my church has 1 confidence monitor (which is 1 more than we had 2 weeks ago). I just started running Proclaim on Monday (was previously using OpenLP), and discovered that I can have that confidence monitor showing either upcoming song lyrics or my sermon notes, but not both. I usually preach without notes, so that's not a huge deal, except that I wanted to try having short phrases from my sermon show up on the screen after I say them, and the only way that's going to work is if I get the exact phrasing - otherwise it'll be me saying something, and the screen showing what I meant to say.

The "solution" I developed for this was to take the outline I exported from Logos, and copy it all into a single content item. That doesn't seem very efficient, and if in the future I want different images interspersed throughout the thing, it too will fall apart.

Has anyone figured out how to put a sermon presentation into proclaim such that it takes advantage of the next slide preview function?

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 8:24 AM

Hello Shea,

What are you using as your confidence monitor, and what does your Logos sermon look like?  As in the picture below, depending on how you format the slides in Logos determines whether or not it's treated as a single slide or multiple slides in one content item.  

Is there someone else controlling the presentation or just you?  If you had an operator, they can also make edits to the next slide while On Air.

Posts 4
Shea Zellweger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 8:38 AM

Justin Soety (Faithlife):

Hello Shea,

What are you using as your confidence monitor, and what does your Logos sermon look like?

I'm using a 50" TV as confidence monitor, with the "confidence monitor" output setting and all display-related boxes checked.

As in the picture below, depending on how you format the slides in Logos determines whether or not it's treated as a single slide or multiple slides in one content item. 

I'm not seeing a picture attached to your post.  

What it looked like upon export from Logos to Proclaim was about 6 content slides, which showed as a group, but which did not have previews from one to the next. What it looks like now is that same content entered as a song so that I can have the preview, but I'm guessing there's a better way.

Is there someone else controlling the presentation or just you?  If you had an operator, they can also make edits to the next slide while On Air.

I do have someone else operating - usually a teenager whose familiarity with the program amounts to knowing how to click the "next" button. I'm planning to do a more complete training in the new year if response to use of Proclaim is positive. We're testing several programs, but integration with this one makes it my preferred choice... if I can get it to do what I want it to do.

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 10:39 AM

My apologies, I edited my post to contain the pictures.

Would you be able to send me a picture of your preview section that's absent the slides?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS