Linking resources together

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 30
Michael Clary | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 21 2017 4:15 AM

hello

Is there a way to link a multi-set commentary together as though it were a single resource? For example, I’d like to have all of Calvin’s commentaries behave as a single resource that will scroll and change with the ESV. So if I read a chapter from Genesis, the Calvin commentary will be linked and open to that page, and then if I read a chapter from Romans, the Calvin commentary will open to that page. How can this be done?

Posts 1228
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 4:20 AM

Multi-volume commentaries do work this way. Just click on the menu in the upper left corner of the resource (under the book picture) and assign the same link set to each. As you move about in the Bible, the commentary will move with it.

In this pic I've linked the ESV and Calvin's Commentaries to link set A:

Posts 30
Michael Clary | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 4:44 AM

So I need to go through each commentary in the set and assign them all one by one? I was hoping to use Calvin’s commentary like the ESV study bible notes. on my iPad, I have the ESV on the left and the study bible notes on the right. Will this method do that? In the new version of the logos mobile app, I see that multiple items can be linked but it seems that they all need to be opened and kept open in the app to do that. Just making sure there isn’t a simpler way before I go that route. 

Thank you for your help!

Posts 23975
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 5:01 AM

Michael Clary:
So I need to go through each commentary in the set and assign them all one by one?

No - if they are set up as a series this will work automatically so long as you add one to a link set.

Michael Clary:
In the new version of the logos mobile app, I see that multiple items can be linked but it seems that they all need to be opened and kept open in the app to do that.

But this is the issue!

Sean and I assumed you were talking about the Logos 7 desktop app which does have this functionality.

This is not something currently supported on the mobile apps although it is something that has been requested. It has been suggested that it may be coming soon but I haven't personally seen anything from Faithlife regarding this.

Posts 30
Michael Clary | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 6:49 AM

Ah, ok. Thank you all for your help! 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS