Suggestions: Some things I'd like to see Logos copy from the Kindle app

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1555
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 5 2018 1:14 PM

I was reading a Kindle book on my iPad and wishing for some of the features to be available on the Logos app. I realize that Logos couldn't copy some of the features directly, but to have something like them would be helpful to many readers.

Here's an annotated screenshot:

Posts 10115
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 5 2018 3:41 PM

Very nice graphic. And good suggestions.

I wonder if Amazon's update direction reflects user desires. It's possible. If you look at their software changes (I have 4 devices showing the evolution), I'd say the 'vast majority' (exageration, but not too much) is in navigation and knowing where you are (even the time). 

I have 3 versions of the FL app. None were ever willing to show me where I was, TOC-wise. The little scrollbar went from there and working, to there and not working, to not there (and no TOC-clues).  I see a trend!

Posts 1555
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 9 2018 9:15 AM

Thanks Denise...you are are right with the Kindle evolution being focused on navigation (I especially like the Kindle's Page-Flip feature).

I am very pleased with Logos' new tab feature, but they could do a lot more in the "reading" department, as I described above.

Posts 3
Ken Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 8:46 AM

All good suggestions

Posts 506
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 9:37 AM

Good suggestions.  I would especially appreciate some sort of scroll bar to indicate progress/location in a book.  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS