What is logos bible software?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Storyteller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 17 2010 6:19 PM

After reviewing the many products available on the logos website, I registered to see what the prices are. Great, I think there are a lot of advantages to using logos for bible study! However, there is nothing on the site that tells me whether I have to by logos bible software to purchase and use the other products advertised. So, while I might be tempted to take advantage of the limited time offer for the 6 volume collection of contemporary theology, you don't provide me with enough information about this product to know if it is so proprietary in nature that I have to spend a thousand dollars to save $195.00 on this offer.

Thanks for your help!

Posts 31278
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 6:29 PM

The software itself is free so you would be able to search, add notes, read the resource. You could use the Lexham Bible (NT only at this time) to get some linking to a Bible. You won't have a number of features - Biblical people, places, things but you probably expected that.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 6:37 PM

to add to MJ's post:  The only costs to you are whatever resources you want to add.  It is proprietary, but as MJ noted, it is a free "engine", you can read and use whatever you buy as long as you want to.  Every upgrade is free.  The only thing you may want to do is consider purchasing a base package, which gives you a cost effective way to add many useful resources for a terrific price, AND, you get added "add-ins" that make the software even more functional and fun.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 4
Storyteller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 6:42 PM

I want to thank both MJ and Dan, I reviewed the logos packaged products; I really thought of the leaders version as the most beneficial to me. I wasn't clear as to whether I had to buy one of the "packaged" deals before taking advantage of other offers. So is it correct that I could buy the offer of the 6 volume theology set, prior to buying a "package"?

Thanks again!

Posts 4
Storyteller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 6:44 PM

I want to thank both MJ and Dan, I reviewed the logos packaged products; I really thought of the leaders version as the most beneficial to me. I wasn't clear as to whether I had to buy one of the "packaged" deals before taking advantage of other offers. So is it correct that I could buy the offer of the 6 volume theology set, prior to buying a "package"?

Thanks again!

Posts 31278
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 6:58 PM

Anthony Baatz:
So is it correct that I could buy the offer of the 6 volume theology set, prior to buying a "package"?

Yes, just remember that you won't get the full benefits of L4 until you add a few other resources - Bible, Bible dictionary etc. which are best bought in a package.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 7:03 PM

the other thing to keep in mind (not sure what set you are referring to): sometimes sets or books are found in a base package.  If so, you might pay a bit more for the base package, but you end up getting many other resources for a "pittance."  (wow, never used that word in writing before!)

Posts 4
Storyteller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 7:19 PM

I'm refering to the "Leaders" Base package. I would agree, the base packages offer a great deal of resources for the initial buy in. One aspect that is rather confusing, when I first opened the site and clicked on the "Buy" button to compare prices, I was taken to the upgrade pricing; not the "NEW" pricing. "Pittance" not exactly a Machiavellian word is it! Wink Sounds much more like a phrase from Mary Poppins! Tuppence and pence?

Posts 31278
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 8:00 PM

You know - you're now obligated to purchase a Logos package. We need your sense of humor on the forums.Wink

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 8:25 PM

Anthony Baatz:
I'm refering to the "Leaders" Base package.

yeah, i realized after my post i was not specific: i mean the contemporary theology set for 195 dollars

. . . as for the other comments . . . i have none.  I don't want to sound like Mary Poppins . . . Umbrella

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS