Too many commentaries on sale right now

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 564
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 24 2018 12:54 PM

Crossway Commentaries, Preaching The Word, ICC, NIVAC . . .

I would gladly have gotten a bunch of each set from my wish lists, but i just can't swing them all, so now i have to pick and choose among them. The abundance of riches is exciting, but i admit to being frustrated that they are all on sale at once. If each set were on sale in a different month, i'd buy a lot more of these than i can but right now. I understand that it's likely that this is controlled by the publishers and not by Logos, but it still is frustrating.

John

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 1:12 PM

I don't know how good preaching the word series is? Seems like a sermon collection more than anything...I could be wrong...but I have been on the fence if it is worth over $300

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 1278
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 1:16 PM

John Kaess:

The abundance of riches is exciting, but i admit to being frustrated that they are all on sale at once.

And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

Posts 2148
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 2:06 PM

No complaining from me!  

On second thought, maybe a little.  When I mention a good deal to my wife, she sweetly says, "Of course Honey, anything that you really need is fine."  She is so sweet and supportive.  So then I have to buy her flowers, and a microwave and I can't think of anything else to buy her.  Ideas?  I still "need" a few more commentaries.    

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 2:30 PM

Gao Lu:
So then I have to buy her flowers, and a microwave and I can't think of anything else to buy her.  Ideas?

A dinner out - HER + YOU - + talk about all she wishes to chat on.  Her fav. eatery.

Posts 303
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 2:51 PM

Gao Lu:

No complaining from me!  

On second thought, maybe a little.  When I mention a good deal to my wife, she sweetly says, "Of course Honey, anything that you really need is fine."  She is so sweet and supportive.  So then I have to buy her flowers, and a microwave and I can't think of anything else to buy her.  Ideas?  I still "need" a few more commentaries.    

My wife is also exactly like this! Gao Lu, how did you and I get so blessed to have such wonderful wives like this.Big Smile

Don't forget the New Testament ""For Everyone" commentaries by N.T. Wright are also on sale now

.https://www.logos.com/product/38934/new-testament-for-everyone-series

Posts 6743
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 2:55 PM

Keith Pang:

I don't know how good preaching the word series is? Seems like a sermon collection more than anything...I could be wrong...but I have been on the fence if it is worth over $300

Yes they are!  You’d be better off waiting for the reformed expository commentary series to go sale and get those instead of preaching the word.

DAL

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 3:03 PM

DAL:

Yes they are!  You’d be better off waiting for the reformed expository commentary series to go sale and get those instead of preaching the word.

DAL

Hmm, I can get the other series cheaper than preaching the word, wonder why the preaching the word is so expensive? Anyone think it is worth taking the sale or do these commentaries go on sale a lot? 

Posts 6743
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 3:49 PM

Keith Pang:

DAL:

DAL

Hmm, I can get the other series cheaper than preaching the word, wonder why the preaching the word is so expensive? Anyone think it is worth taking the sale or do these commentaries go on sale a lot? 

Accordance offers them cheaper so you might want to wait if you want.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 4:03 PM

DAL:

Accordance offers them cheaper so you might want to wait if you want.

Yeah that is true, maybe I'll wait it out...thanks for the advice

Posts 616
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 4:50 PM

My wife is also exactly like this! Gao Lu, how did you and I get so blessed to have such wonderful wives like this.Big Smile

Well, Guys, my wife of 59 years belongs to the same sisterhood. We're blessed indeed!

Posts 1428
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 5:29 PM

The dollar bills in my pocket are waiting (or should I say "still" waiting) for a super-sale on individual NICOT/NICNT volumes.  I'm starting to feel a little sorry for old George, because he and his friends aren't going to see the light-of-day until said sale occurs and I'm beginning to think that may not happen any time soon.  Wink

Posts 148
Michael Wert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 5:39 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
"still" waiting) for a super-sale on individual NICOT/NICNT volumes
Yes

Posts 18
Ronnie Sinclair | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 8:13 PM

I'm with you, John! I'd be all over several of these but my budget just can't take it all at once. So, so grateful to have access to any of them at all, though. To be able to afford Logos at all puts us in a wealthy minority (in comparison to the whole world - though of course, to be in relationship with Christ is our true wealth). Praise God!

Posts 2429
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 9:56 PM

Gao Lu:
So then I have to buy her flowers, and a microwave and I can't think of anything else to buy her.  Ideas?

Coffee machine.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1083
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 27 2018 9:24 AM

After getting the Hermeneia Commentary Series with my last upgrade Logos 7 Platinum, i have been trying to use of it, it is becoming my main goto commentary I use Logos almost everyday. 

Keith I do have two volumes of Preaching the Word, but i have not even opened them yet; i got them in the Jan monthly books.

How is your library on sermon collections? do you have all that you want? Do you find them useful? I don't think $300.00 is to much, If you have it.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 27 2018 12:52 PM

Lee:

After getting the Hermeneia Commentary Series with my last upgrade Logos 7 Platinum, i have been trying to use of it, it is becoming my main goto commentary I use Logos almost everyday. 

Keith I do have two volumes of Preaching the Word, but i have not even opened them yet; i got them in the Jan monthly books.

How is your library on sermon collections? do you have all that you want? Do you find them useful? I don't think $300.00 is to much, If you have it.

I like Hermeneia too. I have the two volumes of preaching the word too but haven’t fully explored them. I have quite a bit of sermon archives. Keller Piper Rogers MacArthur Carson Greear Chandler Luarie and Spurgeon. I find them quite useful 

Posts 6743
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 27 2018 4:07 PM
Keith Pang:

Lee:

I like Hermeneia too. I have the two volumes of preaching the word too but haven’t fully explored them. I have quite a bit of sermon archives. Keller Piper Rogers MacArthur Carson Greear Chandler Luarie and Spurgeon. I find them quite useful 

If I could just add Keller, chandler and Laurie I’d be all set as I already own the others. πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ DAL
Posts 627
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 5:21 AM

DAL:

If I could just add Keller, chandler and Laurie I’d be all set as I already own the others. πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ DAL

The Timothy Keller sermons are, by far, some of my most used resources. They. Are. Awesome! So much deeper than a lot of other sermon material I have in my library.

In fact, I find them so helpful, I once stood in line at a conference he happened to be speaking at just to tell him in person how much I appreciated having his sermons in Logos. He graciously smiled and then laughingly said "Had I known twenty years ago that my sermons would be archived forever, I'd have done a better job preparing for some of them." Big Smile

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 12:36 PM

I guess it is the deadline to either get the Preaching the Word commentary series or not...hmmm πŸ€” 

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS