Logos 7 update failure due to no driver for Windows 10 update

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Grace Meeks | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 31 2018 6:10 PM

I cannot install the latest update to Logos because it says my Windows needs to be updated.  However, after spending 3 visits with Microsoft, I cannot update Windows 10 because my 5 year old Toshiba laptop has not released any Windows 10 updated drivers.

How do I stop the Logos update and keep the "old" version which works with my un-updated Windows 10?  Anybody assist?

Thanks much.

Posts 778
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 7:46 AM

I never rely on Microsoft or a computer manufacturer to supply up to date drivers.  Often a manufacturer simply ignores the updates since the computer works with the drivers it came with - and to keep them updated requires a lot of expensive overhead.   If they do supply them, they are usually late and only provided in order to fix a major problem.  Thus, it is up to the end user (you) to find and install newer drivers from each of the component manufacturers (e.g., Intel or AMD, nVidia, RealTek, Marvel, Samsung, etc.).  This can be done manually, but it requires the user to have a sophisticated knowledge of the component hardware, plus it is very time consuming to search for each driver (ad seriatim) on the internet.

While there are driver update programs available which will monitor and keep all drivers up to date, virtually all of them will cripple the download speed and/or allow just one download at a time - unless you pay to subscribe.  One exception to this is Snappy Driver Installer Origin which is free and will allow multiple downloads at full speed.  Not recommended for computer newbies or the inexperienced but if you do give it a go, you'll be surprised at how many drivers in your computer have been languishing in the distant past.  It might just give your Toshiba the zip it needs to run the latest update to Logos/Win10.

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 25096
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 1:22 PM

Grace Meeks:
How do I stop the Logos update and keep the "old" version

You should be able to dismiss the message - close its window and then use Logos.

Otherwise contact Customer Support for advice.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS