Timeline Question: Display selected text?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 2 2018 1:43 PM

I am reading through a chapter that is surveying the different aspects of family-based ministry through church history.  It's detailing specific years, dates, and eras in which the timeline flags appear.  

Is there a way that I can highlight a specific text (or even a book) and have the timeline only show me the dates in the selection (or book)?

Hope that makes sense!  I've never really found a need to use the timeline tool until this very moment (and I have had access to the timeline from the start.) 

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 2133
LogosEmployee

If the flags in the resource are hollow (white with a blue outline), then the flag just represents a date, and you can't track this easily in the timeline tool (although you can click on the flag to navigate the timeline to that date).

If the flags in the resource are solid (all blue), then you can put the resource and the timeline tool into the same link set (using the panel menu for each). Then the events from the resource will show up at the top of the timeline tool with a label indicating the resource.

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 3:43 PM
Sweet! Let me see if this meets my need. I never thought to link the two resources together!

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS