Creating Community Tags

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 105
Stephen Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 4 2018 8:34 PM

Hi. I looked all over the internet and cannot find anything, so I want to know if there is any way I can take a book, such as "The Hermeneutical Spiral" and add my own community tag on it? I want to set a community tag for "textbook" but don't know how to do it, or if I even can. That way I can narrow my library searches down--by community tags--to just my textbooks. Thank you!

Steve Jones

Posts 27430
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 4 2018 8:59 PM

Is there a reason you want a community tag, rather than just a normal tag? 

You do so in your library under "add tag."

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 105
Stephen Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 5:37 AM

JT,

I just wanted my own community tag for search purposes. I have textbooks that I have, and want to search, but they have different tags. To make a collection would take forever. So I wanted to tag them "textbook" so when I doo my search, I have a set of paramenters to limit my search to only those books. And I have Logos 7 and opened the library and do not see "add tag" option anywhere.

Steve

Posts 27430
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 6:58 AM

Stephen Jones:
I just wanted my own community tag for search purposes.

Community tags are for other people... not personal use. To create a normal tag, you do so in the library (see screen shot below).

Stephen Jones:
To make a collection would take forever.

So would adding tags... but a collection is much more useful. Of course, your best bet in this case may be to create a collection based upon the tags you make. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 105
Stephen Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 7:18 AM

Ok. I see what you did. I played with it a little to see how to search and I discovered that once I tag them,, I can go to the search parameter: "mytags:Textbook" Thanks again.

Steve

Posts 10032
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 7:25 AM

Adding to JT,

- I use tags entirely. Some like collections; rules to create; sharable definitions. 

- You can add a column in your library for your tags; can't for collections. Then click on the header to see your tag groups.

- In tag naming, you can create peudo-subgroups due to the library filter being an XXX* function. Eg Textbooks, TextbooksTheology, TextbooksLanguages, etc In this example a mytag:textbooks will pull all the subgroups too.

Posts 11
John W | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 4:09 PM

Watch this Logos video on how to create "community tags" on content we find useful in our Logos resources. This will result in more useful info when we use the Factbook because it pulls from everyone's tags. I just discovered this through this video.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS