The God Who Speaks - FaithlifeTV

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 256
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 12 2018 10:31 PM

With my Logos Now subscription shouldn't I be able to watch this documentary? I can watch the trailer then it seems I have to pay to watch the whole documentary based on the audience size?

FWIW, I'm trying to watch it on my PC.

I haven' come across any other FaithlifeTV programming I couldn't watch.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Posts 270
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 12 2018 10:57 PM

FL is starting to put out content that is pay-to-watch.  That is, pay in addition to the monthly fee to watch the other content in FLTV.  

It is tiered:

• There is the very limited library of "free" content,
  • whatever media you have purchased in Logos,
  • a lot more content that is unlocked with a Logos Now subscription or monthly FLTV subscription, and
  • the one-off purchases for special content like the documentary you're thinking of. 

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / Logos Now

Posts 256
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 13 2018 9:26 AM

OK...Thanks. Somewhere I missed the notice that not all content was free despite having a Logos Now/Faithlife TV subscription.

Posts 270
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 13 2018 12:30 PM

You may not have missed anything.

I don't know if they made a "formal" announcement - Just like yoou, I noticed after trying to watch a show and then realized there were several more additional-pay-to-play offerings.  

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / Logos Now

Posts 256
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 13 2018 3:18 PM

Faithlife... Maybe there can be some kind of discount for Logos Now subscribers for Faithlife TV videos that have a price tag. For me to watch "The God Who Speaks" on my own... $79.20. Indifferent  

Posts 4209
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 13 2018 9:27 PM

I am with you Steve, I am not paying nearly $80 to watch this material. As an individual I would be happy to pay maybe $10-20 but not near $80.

Steve Farson:

Faithlife... Maybe there can be some kind of discount for Logos Now subscribers for Faithlife TV videos that have a price tag. For me to watch "The God Who Speaks" on my own... $79.20. Indifferent  

Posts 14
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 4:40 AM

Steve Farson:

Steve, I was able to purchase this onDemand for $10. The cost was for 7 days; after purchasing the product I got an email saying it was available to watch for 30 days. You can also purchase the 2 DVD set for $19. I will try to find the link I used and paste it here. If I recall I could show it to only 12 people at a time. The link for the movie was sent to my lap top I used a HDMI cable to get it to my TV. I could not get it to show on FaithLife TV.

Daniel Bender

Posts 14
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 4:42 AM

Here's the link https://afastore.net/the-god-who-speaks 

Daniel Bender

Posts 270
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 7:55 AM

I checked the faithlife link and see that the $70 or whatever is a license for a group or church showing. The price adjusts to the size of the congregation, so it’s not meant for a single person to view it, but maybe in an event or service setting. I wonder if you wanted to view it for private use of it would be more along the lines of a $10 purchase instead?

Posts 2
Kristina Kislyanka | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 8:53 AM

Hi Steve, we're glad you're interested in watching The God Who Speaks on Faithlife TV. Currently, like Richard pointed out, it is only available as a group license. A group license is a great way to share the film with a small group or church congregation where each person in that Faithlife group gets access to the film. 

We are also actively acquiring content for the Faithlife TV Plus subscription. Occasionally, we find content that we think the Faithlife TV audience would enjoy but are limited to offering it as an add-on purchase instead of it being apart of the subscription. Make sure you're following us on Faithlife to hear about the newest content that gets added!

Posts 4209
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 7:46 PM

It is available for individuals from other sites as pointed out above, so why is Faithlife not offering an option for individuals Kristina?

Kristina Kislyanka:

Hi Steve, we're glad you're interested in watching The God Who Speaks on Faithlife TV. Currently, like Richard pointed out, it is only available as a group license. A group license is a great way to share the film with a small group or church congregation where each person in that Faithlife group gets access to the film. 

We are also actively acquiring content for the Faithlife TV Plus subscription. Occasionally, we find content that we think the Faithlife TV audience would enjoy but are limited to offering it as an add-on purchase instead of it being apart of the subscription. Make sure you're following us on Faithlife to hear about the newest content that gets added!

Posts 2
Kristina Kislyanka | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:00 AM

The American Family Associate is the creator of the film and are the only ones offering the individual license at this time. 

Disciple of Christ (doc):

It is available for individuals from other sites as pointed out above, so why is Faithlife not offering an option for individuals Kristina?

Posts 4209
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 20 2018 12:36 AM

Thanks for the extra details, i do hope this does change.

Kristina Kislyanka:

The American Family Associate is the creator of the film and are the only ones offering the individual license at this time. 

Disciple of Christ (doc):

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.