Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 109
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 8:47 AM

Thank you...because when B&H allows you to reduce the price I plan to buy what I am missing.

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 8:57 AM

I'd like to see them come back as well. 

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:03 AM

Bring them back please! What is the point of getting rid of it?

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:33 AM

Keith Pang:

Keith, we've had lots of complaints in the past when commentaries have accidentally slipped through to Vyrso where don't have the functionality necessary to make them (1) show up in the commentaries guide section, (2) be navigable by Bible reference, (3) be able to join a link set with a Bible, etc. It's a very subpar experience. But if you all would like to have access to the content, knowing those drawbacks, it seems like we could revisit this and instead just put a callout on the page that lets people know these resources won't function like commentaries. Ben and I will discuss it again.

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:34 AM

Phil

I would appreciate that decision. If the only way I can get a resource in logos is thru the ebook route I would rather have that than nothing.  Anyone familiar with your ebook platform should already understand these shortcomings in my view

Posts 109
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:41 AM

Phil: I am perfectly happy with the restrictions!!!!!

Posts 514
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:47 AM

Phil,

I of course would like to have these in a full functional Logos format, but if that is not going to happen, I would  definitely buy them in Vyrso format with its limitations.

Posts 9969
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:48 AM

Mattillo:
. If the only way I can get a resource in logos is thru the ebook route I would rather have that than nothing.

I fully concur

Mattillo:
Anyone familiar with your ebook platform should already understand these shortcomings in my view

Yes, but a box warning about that would help communicate it to people less familiar with the platform, and release Faithlife from the argument they would implicitly overpromise the functionality.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 906
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 10:00 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Keith Pang:

Keith, we've had lots of complaints in the past when commentaries have accidentally slipped through to Vyrso where don't have the functionality necessary to make them (1) show up in the commentaries guide section, (2) be navigable by Bible reference, (3) be able to join a link set with a Bible, etc. It's a very subpar experience. But if you all would like to have access to the content, knowing those drawbacks, it seems like we could revisit this and instead just put a callout on the page that lets people know these resources won't function like commentaries. Ben and I will discuss it again.

Phil

That will be great. They're not true commentaries so the so-called subpar experience is absolutely fine. I'd rather give me money to Faithlife! Sure you would too!

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 11:30 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
It's a very subpar experience. But if you all would like to have access to the content, knowing those drawbacks, it seems like we could revisit this and instead just put a callout on the page that lets people know these resources won't function like commentaries.

I will take sub par any day, if the only other option is Amazon Big Smile  Please bring them back!  

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 12:25 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Phil, thank you for the explanation. It makes sense when you put it like that. I would still agree with everyone else and say it would be worth having them in Logos format preferably but the e-book format is good enough. I just don't want to have to buy it elsewhere when I have invested in 15 volumes of the series already. Thank you for considering. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 105
pk47 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 1:44 PM

If certain books don't make it into Logos. Please allow them to be purchased on Vyrso/Faithlife Ebooks. I would take second rate over nothing. Thank you.

Posts 906
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 1:51 PM

pk47:

If certain books don't make it into Logos. Please allow them to be purchased on Vyrso/Faithlife Ebooks. I would take second rate over nothing. Thank you.

Nicely put!

Posts 979
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 1:58 PM

Tom:

I will take sub par any day, if the only other option is Amazon Big Smile  Please bring them back!  

I agree with Tom Yes

Posts 917
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 3:50 PM

Tom:

But that's the problem isn't it? There are lots of other options - this series is available with Wordsearch, Accordance and Olive Tree in addition to Amazon, which leaves Logos as the only major Bible software publisher not carrying them.

Frankly if Logos can only offer them sub par, I'd rather spend my money with someone who can do the job properly, especially if there is little difference in the price. I have enough sub par Vyrso titles as it is

Posts 917
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 3:58 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Keith Pang:

So why can you not produce them as proper Logos editions Phil? None of your rivals seem to have a problem producing what I assume is a "working" product as far as I am aware

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 5:04 PM

David Carter:
But that's the problem isn't it? There are lots of other options - this series is available with Wordsearch, Accordance and Olive Tree in addition to Amazon, which leaves Logos as the only major Bible software publisher not carrying them.

David, yes there are other others that offer them Smile.  

But I will still prefer to have it in Vyrso (Faithlife EBooks) just to keep everything in the same program. Big Smile

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 906
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 11:38 PM

David Carter:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Keith Pang:

So why can you not produce them as proper Logos editions Phil? None of your rivals seem to have a problem producing what I assume is a "working" product as far as I am aware

In my experience the Exalting Jesus books within Vyrso are very good as eBooks. Yes they may not have the functionality of Logos, but neither do the other digital providers for Exalting Jesus. 

Ironically the most subpar experience I've had with "Vyrso" is with a novel I bought recently as the digitisation failed to show where one scene switched to another within chapters, which is clearly shown in the print version. The Exalting Jesus books though have clear section breaks, headings, use of italics (where in the original) etc. 

Posts 27560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 17 2018 4:35 AM

David Carter:
So why can you not produce them as proper Logos editions Phil?

Generally speaking, FL has two different kinds of agreements with publishers. The licensing agreements for Logos editions are very different than those for Vyrso editions. Some publisher's don't want their resources in Logos (value added) but are fine with the agreements of an eBook (Vyrso/Faithlife eBook).

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 109
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 17 2018 6:16 AM

Phil: This is a suggestion..first the disclamer...I realize that what I suggest may not be practical. But if you still have "doubts" about the product in Vyrso/Ebook format...Then work something out with B&H and put all volumes on sale as a collection (hopefully a good discount) and include dynamic pricing. That way we can complete the set. Of course, if there are move volumes to be added in the future then this may not work.

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS