Suggestion: Add More Zondervan Ancient Languages Resources

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 18 2018 11:56 AM

Someone has already suggested adding Basics of Classical Syriac here in the forum. I would like to add to this suggestion.

Zondervan also has Basics of Classical Syriac Video Lectures. I would love to own this in Logos with the grammar Basics of Classical Syriac and a lexicon for Syriac. We already have the video lectures for Basics of Biblical Hebrew and Basics of Biblical Greek, but it would be great if we could also have the video lectures that go with each of the grammars that they have available. That would greatly enable me to learn Syriac and prepare for when I go back to school to learn it.

Faithlife has Basics of Ancient Ugarit, but Zondervan now has Basics of Ancient Ugaritic Video Lectures. I would also love to have that as well. It would be a huge help in learning the language in preparation for learning it in a university setting.

Faithlife has Basics of Biblical Aramaic, but Zondervan now has (since Nov 2014) Basics of Biblical Aramaic Video Lectures. We already have the ones for BBG and BBH, so it would be great to have BBAVL.

Faithlife has Hebrew for the Rest of Us, but Zondervan now has Hebrew for the Rest of Us Video Lectures. I think it would be great to have this as well.

Faithlife has A Student's Vocabulary for Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic by Larry A. Mitchell (released in 1984). Zondervan has released A Student's Vocabulary for Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic, Updated Edition (released March 28, 2017). I would like to see this updated edition in Logos.

Zondervan has a forthcoming book titled Basics of Hebrew Discourse. I would love to see this come to Faithlife when this is available. It is slated to be released on September 4, 2018. I hope that they will do a video lecture series for this book as well. I also hope that they will do one titled Basics of Greek Discourse, since that would be fantastic. However, the ones that are available I would love to see them come to Faithlife/Logos. Please, and thank you.

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 18 2018 12:21 PM

Caleb S.:

Zondervan has a forthcoming book titled Basics of Hebrew Discourse. I would love to see this come to Faithlife when this is available.

Definitely Yes

Posts 22
Kennet | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 18 2018 1:32 PM

YesYesYes

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2019 4:08 PM

So, we have a bunch of this now in preorder. However, we still do not have Basics of Classical Syriac Grammar, Workbook, Lexicon. We have the video lectures, but not the grammar. How does that make sense? Hopefully we can get the grammar here soon. What good are the vidoe lectures without the grammar and workbook?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS