This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2328
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 6:15 PM

Thanks - I'll take a look at it.

Posts 10112
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 7:10 PM

scooter:

To each his own.

I remember my future spouse and I snuck to see him on a Sunday afternoon. It was touch and go, if we'd be recognized and get nailed. Luckily Sunday night services included prayer for any misdeeds since Sunday morning. 

We also visited the 18th hole where he decided his future. But not the small island where he practiced sermons. Maybe it was washed out during a hurricane.

I hope all goes well with his kids. Even though his destination is no surprise, his absence must be an emptiness.

Posts 143
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 7:59 PM

Graham hit Australia in 1959. Aussies fell in love with his film star looks and celebrity status and came to hear him in droves. His 1959 Melbourne crusade still holds the record for the largest ever audience at Australia's premier sports stadium, the MCG (130,000). The impact of those huge events was as much in the mobilization of local churches - door to door canvasing - valuable contacts made - people invited into local fellowships. I took the opportunity to get born (not born again) the Saturday night Graham spoke in Perth which meant my dad had to rush away from his role as a crusade counsellor (which he'd spent weeks training for) to attend me and my mum. There are echoes of the impact of Graham's campaign in Australian literature - the Lamb family in Tim Winton's famous novel Cloud Street came to faith through the evangelistic stadium ministry of "some Yank".

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS