Faithlife Connect punishes Logos' best customers!

Page 5 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 84 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 25 2018 11:26 AM

Cynthia in Florida:
Now I realize why I'm out of the loop.  I never got an email.  I'm totally clueless as to what is happening.

Cynthia, contact Customer Service. They had a lot of emails kicked back. (You had to be a Logos Now subscriber to get one, BTW.)

Here is the basic issue. Here is Bob's input.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 25 2018 11:40 AM

Randall McRoberts:

What looks legitimate to some (apparently) looks like whining to others.

I suppose that happens if one doesn't take the time to understand differing points of view. I may not share the grievances that others here have about Connect/LN as a product, but I can understand why they feel the way they do. 

Posts 150
Dustin Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 25 2018 1:05 PM

Randall McRoberts:

Amen. The outrage is silly.

Couldn't disagree with you more, in fact it is completely warranted and predictable...If they would have come on here and said here is the deal and we are raising the price of LN to compensate, then fine. Yes most likely there would have been grievances but I believe we would have understood. Instead the increase is almost absurd especially considering the add on bloat we have to buy in order to get what we really want.

So no it's not silly, in fact really the opposite.

Posts 1841
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 28 2018 8:15 PM

Dustin Pearson:

Instead the increase is almost absurd especially considering the add on bloat we have to buy in order to get what we really want.

It's not just the bloatware.. it's the OVER INFLATED price that logos considering that $240 (more than double increase) is equal to NETFLIX or Amazon Prime who have never doubled the price like that. Not only that, they actually have high quality contents.. "Star Wars, Marvels, DCs, etc, the list is endless".... and each of those movies COST millions in productions ... (try comparing that with mobile ed, that supposedly the biggest "freebies" they give). No... they are nowhere close. Not even. 

I appreciate those scholars but not Logos internal pricing.

Logos over inflated the price and trying to play the big boy game when logos don't have even the slightest equal resources like Netflix or Amazon... and these 2 companies never even double their price. If they even ever dare to double the price.. Almost everyone would switch boat instantaneously. 

People forget that those mobile eds are just TEMPORARY ACCESS.. exactly the same with Netflix & Amazon who has different new movies EVERY MONTH. Netflix and Amazon have temporary access to certain movies and tv series that will eventually disappear. BUT, they don't charge extra for every new releases. They don't give those access and charge customers double. .. They even have their own IN HOUSE PRODUCTIONS that comes for free with all their subscription. In fact, Amazon and HULU are always nominated for Emmys and stuffs, do they charge their high-quality-in-house-production-contents extra?? NO!

What am I saying?

Separate the price

1. If people want to subscribe to mobile ed .. they will. BUT don't force us to be lumped together if we don't want to.
  2. What was wrong with the OLD Logos Now? If you CAN'T keep us with the NEW FEATURES every 6 weeks.. THAT's fine.. admit it. We don't mind. Just don't charge us extra just because you can't keep up with 6 week cycle and blame us and punish us for it.
  3. Those cloud eBooks?! ... WE.DONT.NEED.THEM. Even in the "Essential" package... majority probably already have those book? Why make us pay again for those? Separate the price .. if people need them, people will pay for them. If we don't need them, then we're pretty sure, we don't want to pay for them. Simple.

Please, consider this solution:

LOWER the price of Logos Essential. (separate the price between people who wants features vs. fluffs)

If you said that the subscribers of Logos Now are just 4% of population* ... Then WHY oh why are you going to pressure people who are most LOYAL to your bank account?? Logos should be appreciating the 4% more, because Logos Now users are the most active ones.

Thank you

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2018 2:56 PM

Check out Bob's announcement about the new migration plan for Logos Now members.

Page 5 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS