Verbum Now and Faithlife Connect

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1158
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 5:26 AM

Yes, and it's absolutely nuts that Logos Now is too much of a burden to continue but Verbum Now is okay.

Question: what sort of monthly preview books do they give with V. Now? Are they the same as with Logos Now, or are they selected keeping a Catholic audience in mind?

Posts 979
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 6:16 AM

I'm not sure about preview resources since I only have Verbum Now.  Here is the link that describes Verbum Now member benefits for February.  Maybe you can compare with Logos Now.

https://blog.verbum.com/2018/02/verbum-now-member-benefits-for-february-2018/

I'm thinking that the free resource are from the same list as Logos Now.

Posts 1158
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 6:22 AM

Steve:

I'm not sure about preview resources since I only have Verbum Now.  Here is the link that describes Verbum Now member benefits for February.  Maybe you can compare with Logos Now.

https://blog.verbum.com/2018/02/verbum-now-member-benefits-for-february-2018/

I'm thinking that the free resource are from the same list as Logos Now.

Thanks. The current preview resource is actually the set that was available on L.N. for November 2017.

Interesting. So Logos users have a backdoor of escape from the shock of Connect if we want it. Seems rather silly though to make us jump through the hoops to do it.

Posts 173
LogosEmployee
Craig St. Clair (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 11:23 AM

Let me ease fears about Verbum's future at Faithlife.  I'm the new(ish) Verbum Product Manger and I am responsible for Verbum within Faithlife.  Faithlife is continuing to invest in Verbum--present and future.  I am in the process of moving my family across the country to the Bellingham area.  I would not do so if I didn't think Faithlife was totally committed to Verbum.   I am diligently working to grow the Verbum library, establish new partnerships with publishers and authors, and, in short, get the best Catholic study software on the planet into the hands of as many Catholics as possible (which is what Bob has directly asked me to do).

Let me also reiterate: there are no plans to change anything with Verbum Now.  That is not to say that nothing will ever change, but no change is on the horizon for the foreseeable future.

Craig St. Clair | Verbum Product Manager |

Posts 563
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 2:22 PM

Craig St. Clair (Faithlife):

Let me ease fears about Verbum's future at Faithlife.  I'm the new(ish) Verbum Product Manger and I am responsible for Verbum within Faithlife.  Faithlife is continuing to invest in Verbum--present and future.  I am in the process of moving my family across the country to the Bellingham area.  I would not do so if I didn't think Faithlife was totally committed to Verbum.   I am diligently working to grow the Verbum library, establish new partnerships with publishers and authors, and, in short, get the best Catholic study software on the planet into the hands of as many Catholics as possible (which is what Bob has directly asked me to do).

Let me also reiterate: there are no plans to change anything with Verbum Now.  That is not to say that nothing will ever change, but no change is on the horizon for the foreseeable future.

Welcome ! Wishing you the best of luck with your move and your job at Faithlfie. 

Posts 979
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 28 2018 8:26 AM

Thank you for the update, Craig.  Smile

Posts 73
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 9:08 AM

Craig St. Clair (Faithlife):

Thank you for the affirmation. I want to see Verbum flourish for many, many years!

Posts 1869
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2018 2:39 PM

Check out Bob's announcement about the new migration plan for Logos Now members.

Posts 979
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 6:33 PM

Yes

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS