UNBELIEVABLE - "how to turn Logos forum into a pathetic place"

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 178
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 6:52 PM

If Faithlife could guarantee me rewards in heaven for purchasing their product, I might not feel as strong a temptation to complain when they expand into wackier and wackier areas of creativity. 

Posts 2695
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 6:50 AM

Kendall Sholtess:

If Faithlife could guarantee me rewards in heaven for purchasing their product, I might not feel as strong a temptation to complain when they expand into wackier and wackier areas of creativity. 

Big Smile

I doubt they can, but can I introduce you to my friend who definitely can guarantee this?

Wink

Posts 6321
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 6:59 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Kendall Sholtess:

Big Smile

I doubt they can, but can I introduce you to my friend who definitely can guarantee this?

Wink

And his name is Geeeesus! Come forward and repeat this prayer so you can accept him as your personal savior... 😂ðŸĪŠ Not!!! 😜

Posts 1138
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 28 2018 10:54 AM

Rokas, I agree with your sentiment in the main post. This is one of the reasons I frequent the forums less frequently now. It seems complaints would be better spent on the phone to customer service, not ranting to 3rd parties. 

Posts 1010
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 28 2018 12:13 PM

Reading the original post, I'm wondering if it might be helpful for FaithLife to create a "Venting" forum. I'm imagining a place to post that flaming essay that I just have to get off my chest, but know in my heart isn't going to be helpful to anyone. To really make it work, we'd need a few special features.  I'm thinking of blinking red fonts and background sound effects like thunder, explosions and gnashing teeth.  But most important, when I press the "post" button it would appear on my screen properly formatted in all its outraged glory - just long enough for me to shout "yes" and get in a couple of triumphant fist pumps, then disappear forever.

Done properly, it might be better than therapy - and a whole lot cheaper, too.

Posts 6321
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:37 PM

A venting forum would end up like the Christian Discourse forum...abandoned, for many reasons I care not to share.

DAL

Posts 1010
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:59 PM

DAL:

A venting forum would end up like the Christian Discourse forum...abandoned, for many reasons I care not to share.

No doubt. I do sometimes wish we had a social media analogue to the old fashioned solution of going into the woods out back and shouting at the squirrels.  I could say whatever outrageous thing was on my mind, the squirrels didn't care, and no one else ever had to know.

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 28 2018 2:16 PM

EastTN:
No doubt. I do sometimes wish we had a social media analogue to the old fashioned solution of going into the woods out back and shouting at the squirrels. 

"We" are heavily invested in this company and have every right to express our opinions and question move that materially affect our investment. Measured, unhappy, reasonable, outrageous, it all moves the discussion forward. This is our forum and if we feel taken advantage of we should and do speak up. FL needs to communicate better, but even if it does there will still be times we don't see eye to eye and that's alright. I for one will voice my displeasure!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1010
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 28 2018 2:45 PM

Beloved:

EastTN:
No doubt. I do sometimes wish we had a social media analogue to the old fashioned solution of going into the woods out back and shouting at the squirrels. 

"We" are heavily invested in this company and have every right to express our opinions and question move that materially affect our investment. Measured, unhappy, reasonable, outrageous, it all moves the discussion forward. This is our forum and if we feel taken advantage of we should and do speak up. FL needs to communicate better, but even if it does there will still be times we don't see eye to eye and that's alright. I for one will voice my displeasure!

I did not intend to call anyone out, and I apologize if it came across that way.  I also didn't intend to suggest that we should never express our frustrations - I've certainly expressed mine more than once on the forums.  This was intended as humor - which actually illustrates some of the limitations of social media. 

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS