Auto-save layout?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 79
Brad | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 13 2018 6:32 AM

Is there a way to save a custom layout automatically to the last point I used it after I am done using it?

For example, I have a saved layout for my study of Hebrews that I use all the time.  The problem I run into, I forget to save it and then when I go to open it up the next time, it is not at my most recent point.

Hope this makes sense.  Thank you

Logos 8 - Reformed Baptist Pastor - Student at MBTS - theologynights.com

Posts 1227
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2018 7:09 AM

Brad:
Is there a way to save a custom layout automatically to the last point I used it after I am done using it?

If you switch layouts after your "done using it," Logos will save a "snapshot" for you (see screenshot).

The way I do it (and this isn't automatic) is to have a shortcut on the toolbar that updates the current layout. Type "update active layout" into the command box, then instead of clicking the command, drag it onto your toolbar and you've got a quick, easy way to update at any time!

Edit: I should have mentioned that Logos also saves the layout state whenever the application closes, so if you simply close Logos and come back to it, look in the right hand column for that saved snapshot rather than opening your named layout (you can then "update to current snapshot" on your named layout).

Posts 79
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2018 10:09 AM

Excellent.  This is what I was looking for.  Thank you!

Logos 8 - Reformed Baptist Pastor - Student at MBTS - theologynights.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS