MM: Let's get serious for a second about commentaries...

Page 6 of 6 (101 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
This post has 100 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 6066
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 19 2018 3:52 PM

Josh:

Alexander Fogassy:

DAL,

That is incredible.

Can you describe what kind of learning you've gained from this library?

Much like DAL, I too have been collecting resources since Libronix. Its been over 11 years and the price of a used car, but I am incredibly pleased with my library. I always make sure to upgrade when new versions come out - that seems to be the best way to get most of the more expensive resources at a decent price.

The one thing I've noticed over the years is how quickly and thoroughly I can research any particular word, verse, or topic. Also, proper citation is no longer an issue. My eyes have been opened to my past ignorance when it comes to biblical knowledge. After Bible college, I thought I knew it all. I was very wrong. I am honestly shocked at how many pastors (even of large churches) use so few quality resources to create their sermons. This needs to be a high priority on the church budget. I think if my library like how a mechanic thinks of his tools. Without the right tools, the job is not going to get done properly.

I agree! Ministers (full time or part time) shouldn’t be stingy when buying tools to master their craft. Little by little it’s possible, but it takes time and a little sacrifice 👍😁👌

DAL

Page 6 of 6 (101 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS