So Who Bought the NICOT/NICNT?

Page 2 of 4 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 63 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 4905
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 12:53 PM

Brandon:

Perhaps this has been answered elsewhere but is the sale price only for the entire set? When I go to an individual volume of the NICNT it's listed at full price.  

Sale is on full sets only. Dynamic pricing on full sets does apply.

Posts 43
Brandon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 12:55 PM

That's disappointing. It makes this year's March Madness available for those who have quite a bit of money, or a large collection already. But I guess it's good to change it up every now and then. I'm glad for those who had the funds to purchase entire sets at a discount. 

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 1:06 PM

Gene Britton:

Picked up the OT; God is good!

I assume you already owned the NT, because the set is not sold separately.  Your dynamic pricing must’ve been cheap too. My dynamic pricing was close enough to the lowest price offered last year by the competition that I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.  I’m glad dynamic pricing was enabled! Sometimes I wonder what they’re going to offer next year, that might catch my attention and then I realize there must be a lot of new users and that the sales will continue even if some of us won’t be buying as much. 

DAL

Posts 561
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 1:19 PM

Brandon:

is the sale price only for the entire set?

Yes.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 1:41 PM

DAL:
Sometimes I wonder what they’re going to offer next year, that might catch my attention and then I realize there must be a lot of new users and that the sales will continue even if some of us won’t be buying as much. 
DAL:
Sometimes I wonder what they’re going to offer next year, that might catch my attention and then I realize there must be a lot of new users and that the sales will continue even if some of us won’t be buying as much. 

With author, courses and commentaries available, FL can pick 2 out of these 3, + voila, MM19.

Posts 21
Benny Chong | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 8:07 PM

Thanks very much for your explanation!  :)

Posts 21
Benny Chong | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 8:08 PM

PetahChristian:

Benny Chong:
Anyone knows why there are two links to the same NICOT/NICNT set, and one without discount price?

The second product link was a special offer for anyone who bought Logos 7 but that offer has ended. Looks like FL didn't remove it from the store.

Thanks very much for your explanation!  :)

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2018 4:46 AM

I am happy for those who are able to make the purchase right now. It really is an excellent deal. I hope it will come again in the future to give others opportunity to seize it at a more opportune time.

Posts 9075
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2018 2:55 PM

Francis:
I am happy for those who are able to make the purchase right now. It really is an excellent deal. I hope it will come again in the future to give others opportunity to seize it at a more opportune time.

This commentary set is a good deal at $1,000, so this is a super good deal and will likely never be repeated.

NIC is being updated regularly. So a purchase today gets the newest volumes, and when others are produced, they need to be bought separately, but at least they are being produced. Can we say that about any other major commentary (Tyndale is also updated, but is in another category)? Most are published, start to age, and are left that way. Kudos to Eerdmans for keeping a good commentary set current.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9075
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2018 3:00 PM

Mark Smith:
Can we say that about any other major commentary (Tyndale is also updated, but is in another category)?

I should add (before anyone else does) that Word Biblical Commentary has issued some revised volumes and second editions. It doesn't seem, however, that Nelson's efforts to keep their volumes fresh are as extensive as Eerdmans'. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2018 7:46 PM

I was very pleased to finish off the NICOT/NT set.  Also finished off EBC and a few missing NIVAC.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2018 7:55 PM

I bought the champions and the runner ups. I only needed one volume in NICOT/NICNT. Excited to have gotten the two exegesis courses as well because now I can do the Intermediate Biblical Languages Certificate. I am also excited to have gotten the Expositor's Bible Commentary revised. I usually don't buy Zondervan products because of the dynamic pricing issue, but this commentary was 57% off.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2018 8:45 PM

Matt Hamrick:

I bought the champions and the runner ups. I only needed one volume in NICOT/NICNT. Excited to have gotten the two exegesis courses as well because now I can do the Intermediate Biblical Languages Certificate. I am also excited to have gotten the Expositor's Bible Commentary revised. I usually don't buy Zondervan products because of the dynamic pricing issue, but this commentary was 57% off.

How are the courses?

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 532
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 12:18 AM

Gao Lu:

I was very pleased to finish off the NICOT/NT set.  Also finished off EBC and a few missing NIVAC.

Have you also grabbed the following as it comes out in a few weeks - so good to keep your set complete (at least that's my plan):

https://www.logos.com/product/150087/the-new-international-commentary-on-the-new-testament-the-letter-to-the-colossians 

Whilst I really like the FF Bruce one that is included in the Set, McKnight's update is at a good pre-pub price Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 3:49 AM

Glenn Crouch:

Gao Lu:

Have you also grabbed the following as it comes out in a few weeks - so good to keep your set complete (at least that's my plan):

https://www.logos.com/product/150087/the-new-international-commentary-on-the-new-testament-the-letter-to-the-colossians 

Whilst I really like the FF Bruce one that is included in the Set, McKnight's update is at a good pre-pub price Yes

I placed my order. I just wish new volumes would come out this year instead of revised version by Moo and a “replacement” for Galatians by deSilva. Also

DAL

Posts 413
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 4:05 AM

Webb, Robert L[2 Peter, Jude] NICNT has been decades in preparationWink

Posts 617
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 5:47 AM

Glenn Crouch:

Just in case anyone is on the fence, the price doubles to 49.99 when it's released on April 17th, 2018.

Posts 3152
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 6:19 AM

I'm most hopeful for the Kings volume by Hess but who knows when that will arrive.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 6:22 AM

Keith Pang:

Matt Hamrick:

How are the courses?

I won't get to the courses for a while because busy with other certificate programs. Looking at the table of contents though they look great for what I think exegesis courses should look like.

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 6:29 PM

Thanks.  Now I won't miss that! 

Glenn Crouch:

Gao Lu:

Page 2 of 4 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS