Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
rtillman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 29 2010 5:28 PM

Maybe it's just me.

However, I do miss the ability to view what is being loaded into Logos 4. I really appreciated this feature in Logos 3. I would highly suggest that this feature (the ability to view and select "optional updates") be reinstated in Logos 4.

Thank you for your time.

ron tillman

Posts 25098
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 30 2010 1:57 AM

Many will agree about the need to view what is available for download (if Auto download = NO) or what is being/has been downloaded. But Logos have consistently refused to consider any download as optional.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 18757
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 30 2010 2:06 AM

More specifically, you can put off indefinitely doing any download, and Logos isn't opposed to that. But they do say once you're ready to download, you've got to take all or nothing. They do not plan to reintroduce selective downloading, as it was a support nightmare in the past. However, many users have pointed out that all they want is for Logos to let users know ahead of time what is being updated, not give fine control over what to download. That way users can decide whether it's important to take this download now or whether to wait until a more convenient time. There's a request about this on the UserVoice site if you'd like to vote for it: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/676089-add-an-info-window-that-tells-you-what-is-being-up

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 30 2010 11:31 PM

Rosie,

Who's "side" are you on? Don't encourage them please ... Smile

Yes there are many calls here for "What" but there are also many calls for "Choice" of downloads: For reasons of speed, size (think Netbook) or traffic charges.

I noticed the "Logos Speaks" page does the same thing, and seems to favour "reading" of some posts that I feel are unbalanced.

I dont think selective downloads have to be that kind of nightmare. I suggested elsewhere, some might accept having NO access to non-updated resources until they update it, if the engine needs the new version to operate. Of course, Logos should only set that lockout flag if the change was of a critical nature. Not minor metadata, spelling, adding pictures or even Reverse Interlinears.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS