9Marks Journal Collection - Why Missing Page Numbers?

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 21 2018 11:17 AM

I am very excited that the 9Marks Journal Collection has now been released! What a valuable resource for pastors, church leaders, and any Christian wanting to think through and apply various biblical, theological, and practical issues associated with ministry.

As I was looking through the volumes downloaded into Logos, I noticed that all of the volumes from 2010 through 2016 (34 total volumes) are lacking page numbers (though they exist in the original PDF journals). When page numbers are available in a resource, is it wrong to conclude we should expect them in the Logos edition? Perhaps these missing page numbers are just an oversight?

I also noticed that the volume 5 issue 4 from 2008 was not downloaded to my software. I then looked at the product description page and it wasn't listed there either. Is this merely an oversight? Or is there a problem with attaining rights to this in Logos?

Lastly, just curious if there are any plans to at some point in the future add volumes from 2017 to the present?

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2018 7:08 PM

BUMP

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 3017
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 25 2018 7:25 AM

The page numbers are not an unreasonable expectation. I do know they are constantly updating resources. Perhaps these issues will have the numbers added in the future.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2018 11:29 AM

David Taylor Jr:

The page numbers are not an unreasonable expectation. I do know they are constantly updating resources. Perhaps these issues will have the numbers added in the future.

David, thank you for your input. I guess I would have expected the missing page numbers to be present from the initial release, but I do agree that resources do get updated, for which I am thankful.

Would someone from Faithlife provide clarity as to whether there are plans for page numbers to be added?

Posts 1000
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2018 1:43 PM

There was some oddities on our end with the source material and we made the wrong decision to not add page milestones but we can get them added.

The one exception is the third volume of 2014 which was produced with no page numbers at all.

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2018 8:15 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

There was some oddities on our end with the source material and we made the wrong decision to not add page milestones but we can get them added.

The one exception is the third volume of 2014 which was produced with no page numbers at all.

Kyle, thank you so much for addressing this question.

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 3:47 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Hi Kyle,

Do you know what the timetable is on adding the page numbers? It's nearing the 30 day mark since I ordered this resource collection, and without page numbers, a lot of its value is diminished for me. I don't want to return it, but I want to know when this oversight will be corrected. Thanks for your input.

Posts 1000
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 9:19 AM

Daniel Radke:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Hi Kyle,

Do you know what the timetable is on adding the page numbers? It's nearing the 30 day mark since I ordered this resource collection, and without page numbers, a lot of its value is diminished for me. I don't want to return it, but I want to know when this oversight will be corrected. Thanks for your input.

I don't. I'd estimate a couple of months.

If it is past the 30 days and you feel like you want to return it, please feel free to mention me. I'll be able to help you out.

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:32 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Daniel Radke:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Hi Kyle,

Kyle,

Any update on adding page numbers to the 2010 - 2016 volumes from this collection or on adding the missing issue (vol. 5 issue 4, 2008)? Thanks.

Posts 1000
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 8:08 AM

Daniel Radke:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Daniel Radke:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Hi Kyle,

Kyle,

Any update on adding page numbers to the 2010 - 2016 volumes from this collection or on adding the missing issue (vol. 5 issue 4, 2008)? Thanks.

Unfortunately it's not looking like the work will be finished until late September/early October.

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 8:23 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Unfortunately it's not looking like the work will be finished until late September/early October.

I appreciate the quick reply and the honesty, but this is disappointing news. These journals are phenomenal and I would love to be able to easily cite them with page numbers. I hope the page numbers actually do get added.

Posts 1000
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 10:36 AM

Daniel Radke:

Kyle G. Anderson:

I appreciate the quick reply and the honesty, but this is disappointing news. These journals are phenomenal and I would love to be able to easily cite them with page numbers. I hope the page numbers actually do get added.

I understand the disappointment. They've already been approved for the work to be done. The delay is due to other projects ahead of them in line.

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 3:20 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

They've already been approved for the work to be done. The delay is due to other projects ahead of them in line.

Good to know. Thanks.

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 6:58 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Hi Kyle,

It is well past October and I am wondering if you have any update on adding page numbers to the 2010 - 2016 volumes? Also, there was a missing issue (vol. 5, issue 4, 2008); will that eventually be added?

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 13 2019 10:39 AM

Daniel Radke:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Hi Kyle,

It is well past October and I am wondering if you have any update on adding page numbers to the 2010 - 2016 volumes? Also, there was a missing issue (vol. 5, issue 4, 2008); will that eventually be added?

Kyle, any updates?

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 13 2019 12:53 PM

Daniel Radke:

Daniel Radke:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Hi Kyle,

Kyle, any updates?

He probably meant late September/early October of 2019, so it’s still a little early 😂

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2019 7:49 PM

Daniel Radke:

Daniel Radke:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Hi Kyle,

Kyle, any updates?

Hi Kyle, do you have any updates on this?

Posts 1000
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 8:38 AM

Daniel Radke:

Daniel Radke:

Daniel Radke:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Hi Kyle,

Kyle, any updates?

Hi Kyle, do you have any updates on this?

Yes. I do. I believe one update will be pushed out today and the rest will be pushed out in two weeks.

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 8:43 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Yes. I do. I believe one update will be pushed out today and the rest will be pushed out in two weeks.

Great to hear! I look forward to these updates. Thank you for working on this!

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS