SUGGESTION: Collapse the two side bars into one when the window is narrow

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Anonymous | | Posted: Mon, May 3 2010 4:42 PM

Having both side bars is cool when you have a nice wide display and have Logos full screened.  But if you are on a tablet in profile mode, or are trying to run with another program visible at the same time, things get crowded real quick.  Below a certain threshold, somewhere around 1024 to 1280 pixels, you should just collapse all the sidebar panes onto one side or the other.

My name is Adam. I work at Faithlife with the software teams responsible for the Logos desktop and web apps.

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 19277
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 6:41 PM

Good suggestion.

A workaround for the time being is that you can drag the sidebar panel from one side into the other side and stack them together to give you more screen real estate in the middle. I know this isn't ideal, because you have to do it manually each time. But at least it's a temporary workaround for now.

Anonymous | | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:52 AM

Bump.  This really becomes an issue for the HP Slate 500 in profile (600 pixels wide).  Maybe I'm being naive, but it seems like a pretty simple thing to do.

My name is Adam. I work at Faithlife with the software teams responsible for the Logos desktop and web apps.

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 19277
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 11:32 AM

They've probably already picked it up from this forum months ago and added it to their long list of suggestions people have submitted. But they prioritize which of those things to work on based on how many people want it, not on how easy they are to implement. So go over to UserVoice and add it there and post a link to it here and see if you can get some other users to vote for it.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS