Logos hanging with Dictionary of Latin Forms

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 7
Dominee | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 6 2018 10:47 AM

I am translating a major Latin work, and making daily and heavy use of the Dictionary of Latin Forms resource. I usually have about a half dozen resources open, In recent months, Logos performance has slowed considerably, especially when switching to or from DLF from another resource. The machine hangs, and I have to go do something else while it struggles to switch windows. I'm not sure where to start looking for solutions.

I have a newer, well-powered notebook, plenty of hdd and 16 gig RAM, Core I-7 processor, Nvidia GForce 2 gigs RAM, all software and drivers updated. 

Posts 1688
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 12:12 PM

Dominee:

I am translating a major Latin work, and making daily and heavy use of the Dictionary of Latin Forms resource. I usually have about a half dozen resources open, In recent months, Logos performance has slowed considerably, especially when switching to or from DLF from another resource. The machine hangs, and I have to go do something else while it struggles to switch windows. I'm not sure where to start looking for solutions.

I have a newer, well-powered notebook, plenty of hdd and 16 gig RAM, Core I-7 processor, Nvidia GForce 2 gigs RAM, all software and drivers updated. 

Hi Dominee,

Can you please enable logging (you can find instructions using the link in my posts signature), reproduce the problem and upload your logs?

Thanks,

Philana

Posts 7
Dominee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2018 1:29 PM

4382.Logos.log

Posts 7
Dominee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 1:57 PM

Anything notable?

Posts 7354
LogosEmployee

It would help us understand (and possibly recreate) the problem if you could capture a short screencast of it happening. Some tools that can do this for Windows are Jing https://www.techsmith.com/jing-tool.html and FastStone Capture http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm.

Posts 7
Posts 7354
LogosEmployee

Try closing the table of contents panel in Dictionary of Latin Forms. (Press Ctrl+Shift+C or click "Show table of contents" on the panel menu.) If that improves performance for you, I can file a bug on the slowdown from having it open.

Posts 7
Dominee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 11:29 AM

That does in fact seem to make a difference!

Posts 7354
LogosEmployee

I've added a link to this thread to our case tracking TOC performance on Windows.

Posts 7
Dominee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 10:24 AM

Update: closing the contents panel completely solved the problem. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS