Bug Crash

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Jimmy Weber | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:23 PM

When opening Logos 7 on MacBook app opens then closes repeatedly.  Requires a system restart to stop the loop.  Happening on two different MacBooks.8787.LogosLogs.jweber.20180416-161944.zip

Posts 28927
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 5:26 PM

Welcome Jimmy! Smile Sorry you are having troubles Tongue Tied

You don't have logging enabled, so those might be needed. Please see my signature line to learn about enabling logging. 

Your issue does seem quite unusual, and especially since it is happening on more than one computer. Are you new to macOS? If not, how did you install the app? Have you tried manually reinstalling the engine? Have you had the app up and running on this machine before? Which specific version of macOS are you running? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10
Jimmy Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 6:44 PM

I enabled following the directions I found in some other posts.  I'm fairly new to Mac.  In fact not a Mac person but helping one of my brothers out.  I downloaded the .dmg file from the logos web site.  Launched it and ran the logos file.  It said it needed to copy to the application folder so I followed the prompts.  I'll try again with the log files. MacOS 10.13.4 on both machines. Logging shows as enabled.  I'm lost here.  One thing to point out I opened the app folder and was able to get Logos to the login screen by launching Logos from the icon in the folder that looks like the command prompt. Both of these machines are new installs never used before.

Posts 10
Jimmy Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 6:46 PM

MacOS 10.13.4 on both machines.

Posts 10
Jimmy Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 6:50 PM

Logging shows as enabled.  I'm lost here.  One thing to point out I opened the app folder and was able to get Logos to the login screen by launching Logos from the icon in the folder that looks like the command prompt.

Posts 10
Jimmy Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 6:53 PM

Both of these machines are new installs never used before.

Posts 10
Jimmy Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 6:59 PM

Thank you JT for the welcome.  Sorry about all the posts.  Was gathering the info and throwing it up without thinking about editing.  Then I tried to edit and remove the other posts but can't delete my posts for some reason. 

Next attempt at logs....

4075.LogosLogs.jweber.20180416-202448.zip

Posts 28927
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 8:33 PM

The only thing I can think of is that you aren't installing the app correctly. See this link: https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/mac/install 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10
Jimmy Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 8:45 PM

Indeed you are right.  Didn't get dragging Logos over to the application icon.  Really not a Mac person.  Thanks a ton!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS