How to search for a list of "all women of the New Testament"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Larry Sterling Jr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 24 2018 11:39 AM

Does anyone know how to create a list or search for a list of all the women listed in the New Testament?

Thanks!

Posts 560
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2018 1:49 PM

You should have a look at Every Woman in the Bible or even the larger collection Every Thing in the Bible

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 24479
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2018 2:49 PM

You can Search using the Louw-Nida domain for Names of Persons and restrict it to Feminine gender:

i.e. <LN 93.1-388>  EQUALS  <LogosMorphGr ~ N?SF?>

Beware that there are many Mary's and that Magdalene is one of them.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 20
Larry Sterling Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2018 7:13 AM

Dave thanks...I thought I remembered a video tutorial on this... now I just I have to find it.

Posts 20
Larry Sterling Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2018 7:13 AM

Thanks Scott!

Posts 13144
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:35 PM

A much easier way is to use the Concordance tool. Choose a tagged Bible, select Biblical Entity as the type of concordance, and then limit to the NT. In the left-hand panel, under Kind filter by Person, and then by Woman. It's more complete too, as it picks up women who aren't given names.

Posts 20
Larry Sterling Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 8:01 AM

Interesting Mark thanks, I have never used the Concordance before...sounds crazy, but it's true!

Posts 13144
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 8:32 AM

Larry Sterling Jr.:

Interesting Mark thanks, I have never used the Concordance before...sounds crazy, but it's true!

It’s perfect for lists of biblical places, people or things. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS