Copying highlighted passages into a note or document

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Rusty Russell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 26 2018 6:03 AM

Is there a way to highlight a book then have all the highlighted passages copied to a note or even to a format in which you can export into Word?

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 7:11 AM

I assume this is a question for the desktop app? 

Rusty Russell:

Is there a way to highlight a book then have all the highlighted passages copied to a note or even to a format in which you can export into Word?

I am not quite sure what you are asking. If you want to see highlighted text within Word, you are (likely) out of luck. If you just want the quoted material, then you can do the following:

• Make sure to send ALL highlights into the same note document. 
  • Change the view for the note document to "quotes"
  • Click the "print/export" button under the document menu 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6
Rusty Russell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 7:16 AM

Thanks so much for your reply. When you say "make sure to send all highlights into the same note document," I am not quite sure what you mean. Is there a setting in the book which I am highlighting through which I designate what Logos note file to send notes to? Is that done within a note document and if so how is that accomplished? Sorry, I have been looking for the answer and just can't figure it out.

Posts 21916
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 7:57 AM

There is a setting but it’s in the Highlighting Tool

See the section titled “Note files and Highlighting: Which Note file?” in the article at https://wiki.logos.com/Highlighting 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS