Logos 7 Cross References

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Mark | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 6 2018 5:42 PM

Hi all,

The default cross reference work to display in the left pane after a search is the 'Treasury of Scripture Knowledge'.  The verses are immediately visible. I have purchased the 'New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge' which now shows up but is not the default.  How can I make the new TSK the one that is displayed immediately?  

thanks

Mark 

Posts 21528
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 6 2018 11:25 PM

Hi Mark - and welcome to the forums

Mark:
The default cross reference work to display in the left pane after a search is the 'Treasury of Scripture Knowledge'

When you say "search" do you mean the cross reference section in the Passage Guide (as below) or something else?

If the PG - then the top part simply provides a link to TSK and NTSK so they can be opened to the relevant verse while the bottom part is a list of cross-references pulled from your Bibles. It is not generated from either TSK or NTSK

If I have misunderstood what you are asking please advise

Graham

Posts 13058
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2018 12:59 AM

Mark:
The default cross reference work to display in the left pane after a search is the 'Treasury of Scripture Knowledge'.  The verses are immediately visible. I have purchased the 'New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge' which now shows up but is not the default.  How can I make the new TSK the one that is displayed immediately?  

To follow-up Graham's post, if you do want to move NTSK above TSK in the list, you do so through Prioritisation. But as he says, that won't affect the verses that display underneath. They're generated from cross reference data in all the Bibles that you own.

Posts 366
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2018 6:20 AM

That helps me a great deal. 

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 2
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2018 3:22 PM

Thank you Graham.  You mentioned that the initially displayed passages were not generated from TSK. I didnt realise that.  I find the cross reference section is one of the most valuable resources.  What is the source document for the references? It does not seem to be simply generated from my resources since the cross references are sometimes subtle. It seems to be at least based on a work like TSK

Mark

Posts 21528
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2018 8:17 PM

As Mark says above the references in this sedition are generated from the Bibles you own so at least one of your Bibles should have each item displayed 

Posts 8

Are you saying that the cross-references at the bottom are not relevant to that passage of scripture?  

Posts 21528
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2019 7:01 AM

Deliverance By Grace Fellowship:

Are you saying that the cross-references at the bottom are not relevant to that passage of scripture?  

Not at all - but that the two parts of that section are pulled from different sources

The top part is based on some specific resources - TSK, NTSK

The bottom part is drawn from the Bibles in your library (specifically those with a particular Logos defined "trait" - an internal marker) and so different people may see different results depending on what Bibles they have in their libraries.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS