Feature request - new quick slide button

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Tim Gossett | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 14 2018 1:29 PM

I'd like to see a new quick button added above or below the No Text button. This would be a "Next Slide No Text" button. Sometimes I want to go to the next slide but not put the text up right away, so it would be handy to have a quick way to bring the next slide up sans text.

Generally when I anticipate I might need a blank slide I'll just put a break in at the beginning of a slide, but occasionally things come up in a service that weren't anticipated, and I just need a plain slide for a bit.

Thanks for considering this!

Tim

Posts 154
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2018 1:32 PM

Hello Tim,

Would quick screens work for you (Setttings > Quick Screens)?   There is a blank quick screen provided that you can select "Show" to have available when you're on air.  Alternatively, you can configure a custom one if you perhaps wanted a different background to show.

Posts 6
Tim Gossett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2018 2:44 PM

Thanks, Justin. I do use the Quick Screens that are there now, and they're certainly helpful. If we used one background throughout the whole service, that solution would of course be just fine. However, on a typical Sunday we might use 5-6 different backgrounds, and it would be nice to have a quick screen option to get to each of them.

Here's an example of when this might be handy. Suppose we have a "time with the children" moment in worship, as many churches do, where the kids come up to the front for a mini lesson with the pastor. We have a kid-friendly Content slide for that. At the end, it often takes 30-45 seconds or so before the kids are back in their seats and the choir is ready to perform. It's during that slow transition time that I want to put up the slide for the choir but without any text on it - but I don't always want to add a blank, because some weeks that transition may just last 10 seconds.

It's not a huge problem by any means, and there are certainly workarounds available, but every so often I just find I have a need for it.

Posts 154
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 1:41 PM

Hello,

Thanks for explaining your situation!   There is a quick screen for "No Text" which will remove the text on the current slide, and you can re-select it to bring it back to it's original state.  Would this help at all?  You can active it in Settings > Quick Screens, and it'll be the last one listed.  I think was recently added to the program.

Posts 538
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2018 9:06 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Tim, I see how this would be useful! I'll bring it up with the rest of the team.

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS