Bible Project, Nvidia Shield and Bose LifeStyle 135

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Lasda | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 15 2018 12:13 PM

Just a note for you folks: when I try watching the Bible Project animations, it will work for a while and then loose sync with the TV.  The picture will start breaking up, it can go completely snowy, sound can drop out and then, suddenly, it is working again.  Very annoying.

I can watch other stuff just fine and Bible Project works fine on my second Nvidia downstairs connected to a Samsung TV.  I have no troubles watching through my PC.

It is just the Nvidia through to the Bose LIfeStyle 135 and then to my Sharp TV that is having problems and then for just the Bible Project stuff -- and then only randomly.

Any thoughts on what to check?  I have tried different ports on the Bose, different cables, updated the Bose, and two different Nvidia Shield boxes.  The problem is consistent when viewing Bible Project files and everything else works fine...

Posts 80
LogosEmployee
Jeff Huff (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2018 8:36 AM

I don't have this specific hardware to test with, but you might try going from the Nvidia directly to the Sharp TV to narrow down if the Bose is introducing a delay or if it is the Sharp TV.

I did look at all the Bible Project videos to ensure they have streaming formats and tested maybe a dozen for audio issues and everything looked normal in my testing.  If you have a specific Bible Project series and episode that seems to have issues, could you post the titles here so I can check them.

Posts 14
Lasda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2018 9:12 AM

I just checked the Nvidia Shield directly into the Sharp TV and it seems to work okay.  That points to something going on between the Nvidia and the Bose that is aggravated by the Project Bible episodes.

FYI -- I was always going back to the second part of Exodus for this testing, but I know that it happens on other episodes too.  Esther for sure because we had problems when the girls were using it for a Bible study on Esther...

So, I will be reaching out to Nvidia and Bose about the right way to get their two boxes playing well together and see what I get out of them.

It is still interesting that Bible Project aggravates the situation and everything else is pretty stable. 

Note: I have seen an instance or two where I was streaming a video off my in house server where there was a brief hiccup in the stream, but that has happened only once or twice and I ignored it.  The Bible Project through the Bose hiccups every time I try.

Thanks for now!

Dan

Posts 14
Lasda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2018 9:53 AM

I just called Bose and they suggested that the new devices like Nvidia Shield are 4k sensitive whereas the older Bose 135 system is not and that means they can have issues working together.

Bose's suggestion was to rewire the system with everything going through the smart TV and run an optical cable from the TV to the Bose and use the Bose as the sound system only thereby bypassing the Bose as a video switch box as originally intended.

The up side, is that is how everything is done these days and it works.  The down side is that we lose the universal remote capability built into the Bose which was very nice and worked well for us for these last few years...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS