I need a recommendation how I should prioritize my Resources

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2939
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 26 2018 8:09 AM

I want to reprioritize my resources I would be very glad ,if I could get a recommendation. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1219
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 8:21 AM

Tes:

I want to reprioritize my resources I would be very glad ,if I could get a recommendation. 

Tes, some time ago I went to "best commentaries" and painstakingly prioritized all the commentaries I wanted for each book. It took a while and is always ongoing as I realize I like a particular one better than another.

A big help for me however was to insert the author's name before the title. So when I "right-click" in a passage I see authors instead of just abbreviations. See screenshot

Other than that it is a ongoing project for me, esp if I start a new book series. Hope this helps

Posts 2939
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 8:45 AM

Thank you Mike. It is good ,but for me first of all I can't determine by selecting the Authors since I am not familiar with most of them and secondly I have thousands of resources. I would prefer to arrange them in serieses, but the bottom line is the order of arrangement.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1835
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 9:33 AM

https://www.logos.com/advanced-training/logos5/windows/prioritize 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 9:54 AM

Tes, I think you need to narrow down the type of resourses.

For example, like Mike, I edited the titles on commentaries, in my case, by book number, then commentary abbreviation.

On lexicons, I edited the title for abbreviation, then prioritize from least likely to most likely (lemma inclusion).

Monographs are tagged; maps and charts renamed. 

And so on. Like many, yes, thousands of books. But once you do it, it sticks for years. Like paint.

Posts 2818
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 10:18 AM

Denise:

I edited the titles on commentaries, in my case, by book number, then commentary abbreviation.

On lexicons, I edited the title for abbreviation, then prioritize from least likely to most likely (lemma inclusion).

Monographs are tagged; maps and charts renamed. 

I would love to see some specific examples of what you did. (I'm not very creative.)

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 12:00 PM

Doc B:

I would love to see some specific examples of what you did. (I'm not very creative.)

I wouldn't propose to be the cat's meow. Mainly, relative to where things show up in Logos. My PC's stays offline, so this is the short version.

Commentaries:

- edited titles eg 05 JPS Torah Commentary: Deuteronomy  

- I also use 70-99 to group the apocrypha, pseudepigrapha, and NT apocrypha.

- This groups commentaries in search results (sort by title); also the library, so I can easily see my coverage.  Still a mess in the passage guide (sorting). And the edited titles are ignored on the web version.

- Since I use a super-old Logos version (from a few months back), I also need the commentary abbreviation in the title for MultiView (KSFJ's approach)

Lexicons:

- edited titles eg MM: Vocabulary of the Greek Testament (mainly for readability in the right-click panel)

- Then I prioritize from least likely to most likely. This is like sorting gravel; filter small before large. So, TLNT is checked before MM. Which is checked before BDAG. Which is checked before NT Analytic.

- This gets complicated by the LXX usage. So, I also push LSJ and Sophicles up.

Monographs:

- tagging is my own interests; about 80 tags. I limit one tag per resource for easier management in the library

- eg Ancient: Mesopotamia

Maps / Charts:

- Edit titles eg Atlas: Christian History

- Mainly for clarity in media searches and ease of use in the library.

Posts 2818
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 29 2018 8:17 AM

Thank you, Denise. That is helpful.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS