Viewing volume numbers

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 260
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 31 2018 11:40 PM

Is there a way to add a column or otherwise quickly and easily view the volume numbers for a series of books in the Library view? I see there is an entry for series, but not for volume that I could find. This would be convenient for a few series where I want to read them in order without having to do some kind of search to find which volume is next.

Posts 22264
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2018 11:52 PM

danwdoo:
Is there a way to add a column or otherwise quickly and easily view the volume numbers for a series of books in the Library view?

I don't think there is a way to pull out the volume numbers specifically, but sorting a series by "publication date" might give you what you are looking for

Posts 260
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 1:12 AM

Graham Criddle:

danwdoo:
Is there a way to add a column or otherwise quickly and easily view the volume numbers for a series of books in the Library view?

I don't think there is a way to pull out the volume numbers specifically, but sorting a series by "publication date" might give you what you are looking for

For many series that will probably work, but for R. C. Sproul's crucial questions, there are multiple volumes per year, but at least it does narrow the list. Many of the volumes, the details page does not give a volume number either. It would be nice for Logos to support this in the future as it seems like adding a volume column would be a fairly simple task.

Thanks!

Posts 18059
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 11:31 AM

danwdoo:
... but for R. C. Sproul's crucial questions, there are multiple volumes per year, but at least it does narrow the list. Many of the volumes, the details page does not give a volume number either.

An option is manually adding Volume prefix to Crucial Question Titles (plus noticed citation year varies a bit))

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 260
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 10:32 PM

That may be the best option for now.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS