Difference between Mobile Ed: AR151 Jesus and Archaeology & FaithlifeTV Archaeology and Jesus

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
Andrew Lim | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 3 2018 11:24 AM

Hi guys! Does anyone knows is there any difference between these 2 resources? Is the Faithlife TV version an extract from the Mobile Ed course? 

Posts 63
Joey Midgett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2018 3:09 PM

The Faithlifetv is just the videos from the course, but they are the same.

Posts 526
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2018 3:48 PM

Hi  Andrew.  Welcome to the forums :-) The videos do look  the same but the course is more than just the video's. Each video has recommended readings associated with it and for me this is where the real value of the course comes in. If you just want an overview then there is no need to buy the course but if you wanted to do more in depth work then the course is really worth it.  I guess it depends on how many resources you have available in your library as well.  The course will have a recommended base package (I'm not sure which) and if you own this the majority or the readings (but not all) will be in the package. It can get expense to buy the suggested resources separately but some of them will be used multiple times though the course and the resources recommended (in my completely layman opinion) are usually  good.

Trying to be as noble as a Berean , Acts 17:11

Posts 2
Andrew Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2018 5:35 PM

Smile

Noted and thanks a lot! God bless you all! 

Posts 448
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2018 11:54 PM

Welcome to the Forums, Andrew Smile

Posts 312
LogosEmployee
Miles Custis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2018 2:21 PM

Joey Midgett:

The Faithlifetv is just the videos from the course, but they are the same.

This is not accurate. While the two products use a lot of the same footage and interviews the Mobile Ed course AR151 Jesus and Archaeology and the Faithlife TV miniseries Archaeology and Jesus are different products.

The Archaeology and Jesus Miniseries is organized into four 20+ minute episodes. See the full details here: https://faithlifetv.com/items/342835

AR151 Jesus and Archaeology is organized by Units and Segments like a typical Mobile Ed course. It consists of 21 segments ranging from 3 to 11 minutes. The full course including the outline can be found here: https://www.logos.com/product/55478/mobile-ed-ar151-archaeology-in-action-jesus-and-archaeology As mentioned above, the course includes reading links as well as quizzes to asses your learning and and Activities resource that allows you to reflect further on the material using Logos tools. The course is also available as a video only version (without the readings/quizzes/Activities) on Faithlife TV here: https://faithlifetv.com/items/491459

Mobile Ed's AR101 Archaeology in Action: Biblical Archaeology in the Field also uses shares some footage and interviews as the Archaeology and Jesus Miniseries. It is distinct from AR151 though.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS